BELL PEPPER BACON ONION FRITTATA is so tasty I had it for breakfast and lunch! Dad and the kids can make this for mom on Mother’s Day to show her just how awesome she is!
I just realized how close we are to Mother’s Day! Does anyone feel like it was just Christmas? I may or may not have just found a Christmas decoration that was missed when we took everything down. UGH. 🙂 I love Mother’s Day, my kids make me cards telling me things like I’m the “Beast Mom” and “I love you even if you scream” and my husband tries to make breakfast for me. He’s getting better but I wouldn’t want to give him anything too tricky. He’s a wiz at scrambling eggs though, so I know he can master this Bell Pepper Bacon Frittata and I can get breakfast in bed! 🙂
I really love the way this turned out. I used the cottage cheese instead of milk and you’d never know! It was really great and fluffy! I made sure that all the veggies were cooked and non of the extra liquid went into the eggs, so they didn’t get runny. It really is just chop and drop and then scramble. So simple and so delicious!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium low heat
- stir in mushrooms and garlic and season with 1/2 tsp of salt allow to saute for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- remove the mushrooms to a dish and set aside
- add in the sweet onion and season with 1/2 tsp of salt, saute for 10 minutes until translucent. Set aside and place in the mushroom dish
- add in the chopped bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes until softened
- add remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and make sure it covers the pan and the sides (you may want to use a paper towel to get everywhere
- add the mushrooms and onions back into the pan along with half of the bacon. If any liquid has drained be sure not to add that back into the pan.
- in a large bowl whisk together the eggs and cottage cheese until frothy. Add in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Season with remaining 1 tsp of salt
- pour egg mixture in the pan and stir around with veggies
- sprinkle remaining bacon on top
- allow to cook on the stove top for 3 to 5 minutes and then place into the oven
- cook for 12 minutes and then sprinkle the top with remaining cheese
- allow to cook for another 5-7 more minutes or until center is set
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!