The 4th of July is a fun time to celebrate our country’s founding, and chow down with friends! These 50 recipes are out of this world good!
We love spending the 4th of July having a backyard barbecue with friends and then heading out to watch the local fireworks show. Some years I take care of all the food and drinks, and others I have everyone bring a little something for a potluck. It’s a great way to try new things and then everyone has something they enjoy at the party.
These 50 Fourth of July recipes will make sure you have everything you need for a great meal with friends and family or a quiet night at home filled with summer favorites. (My friend’s dogs do not do well with all the firework booms, so they stay home and cuddle the pups.) We have drink, appetizer, side dish, dinner, and dessert ideas that are easy to prepare and taste amazing!
4th of July drinks are a must-have to keep everyone cool and refreshed!
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie – This frozen concoction is my go-to summer drink. The fresh berries spiked with tart lime juice is fantastic on a hot day.
- Independence Punch – Fun for the whole family, this punch uses 7-Up, blue Gatorade frost, and cranberry juice. You can be made by the glass or in a beverage dispenser to make serving drinks easy.
- Strawberry Gin Fizz – Fresh strawberries, your favorite gin, some St. Germaine, and soda water make this a refreshing drink that’s a nice step up from having a beer.
- Amaretto Sour – This classic cocktail is great for adults. I love the subtle almond and cherry flavors mixed with sweet and sour.
- Red White & Blue Daiquiri – the lime daiquiri you know and love gets dressed up with blueberry syrup, fresh blueberry and strawberries for a summer sensation.
- Pineapple Spritzers – My kids ask me to make these all the time. All you need is some pineapple juice, citrus-flavored sparkling water, and lemon simple syrup. (Don’t worry. I’ll tell you how to make it.)
- Patriotic Cream Sodas – These are really fun to set up for an Italian soda bar. Grab your favorite blue and red colored syrups along with some club soda, half & half, and ice. Boom – everyone can make their own.
- 4th of July Citrus Splash – This martini looks high-end, but it’s really fun with Pop Rocks on the rim. It’s like having mini firecrackers in your mouth.
- Peach Raspberry Lemonade – Homemade lemonade gets dressed up with peach raspberry puree and fresh fruit. Make a pitcher or set up a beverage dispenser for easy serving.
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots – Make these jello shots ahead of time for a festive boozy bite that’s made for sharing with the other adult in the neighborhood.
Everyone loves appetizers at a party! These are all great Fourth of July recipe ideas.
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip – You can’t go wrong with sausage, Rotel, and cream cheese all melted together. This dip is dangerously good.
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs – Dress up regular old deviled eggs with some crumbled bacon and diced jalapeno. (My secret ingredient makes these eggs pretty amazing.)
- Watermelon, Feta & Blackberry Skewers – Super simple to make ahead of time. These yummy mini skewers fly off the platter at parties.
- Chili Dog Sliders – Who doesn’t love sliders? Now pair that with chili dogs and you’ve got a winner. Use your favorite homemade chili or grab a can from the store. No judgment here.
- Ultimate Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – As if jalapeno poppers couldn’t get any better, we’re wrapping them in bacon! You can prep them ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Strawberry Fruit Dip – This fluffy pink dip is perfect for dipping all those yummy summer berries, apples, graham crackers, or anything else you like.
- French Onion Dip – Grab the potato chips and dig into a big bowl of french onion dip. It tastes even better if you make it the day before and let it hang out in the fridge.
- The Ultimate Patriotic Cheeseboard – I love a snacking board for parties. This combination of summer fruits, nuts, cheese, crackers, and strawberry bruschetta is fantastic.
Give your cookout great side dishes – they can really make the meal!
- Ambrosia Salad – This Southern favorite is loaded with fruit, marshmallows, coconut, and whipped cream. We call it a “side dish” but it’s really dessert.
- Refrigerated Pickles – There’s nothing like fresh crunchy pickles with barbecue. These ones are so easy to make that you might never buy pickles from the store again.
- Brown Rice & Apple Salad – This simple salad of brown rice, bell peppers, and granny smith apples get tossed in a light lemon dressing. It’s light, bright, and crazy good.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – Love corn on the cob? Have you ever grilled it? If not, you are missing out friend. This recipe is so simple even first-time corn grillers will have success.
- Keto Avocado Coleslaw – Creamy avocados take this coleslaw up a notch. The recipe is super simple and has a bright creamy taste you’ll love.
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad – Take everything you love about spinach dip and put it into a yummy pasta salad. Add some red bell peppers for color and you’re ready to serve.
- Homemade Baked Beans – This is my favorite baked beans from scratch recipe. It takes some time but it is well worth it. If you want a quicker option, my Aunt Patti’s BBQ Baked Beans are it.
- 7 Layer Salad – This salad is a staple for potlucks. It’s loaded with veggies and topped with a creamy dressing along with cheese and bacon. YUM!
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – Potato salad gets a steakhouse makeover with the addition of bacon, cheese, green onions, and some ranch dressing mix added to the dressing.
- Tomato Avocado Salad – This fresh summer salad is calling your name. The combination of avocados, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro is so delicious.
When it comes to dinner, these easy Fourth of July recipes are sure to satisfy everyone!
- Surf and Turf Kabobs – Turn a fancy meal into a grilling favorite. These kabobs are loaded with steak, shrimp, and veggies for an all-in-one skewer.
- Luau Chicken Sandwich – Kids and adults love these sandwiches. Grilled chicken breasts gett coated in teriyaki sauce, and served with pineapple, bacon, lettuce, and mayo on a bun. Yum!
- Fajita Burgers – Smear some guacamole on a bun, add a turkey burger patty, some pepper jack cheese, and top with fajita veggies. It’s a flavor party in your mouth.
- Hawaiian Grilled Salmon Filets – Honey bourbon marinade and pineapple salsa make this grilled salmon recipe one for the recipe box.
- Grilled BBQ Pork Roast – This is hands down one of the most popular recipes on my site, and with good reason. The pork comes out flavorful and juicy every time.
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs – Gussy up a childhood favorite by wrapping cheese-filled hot dogs in bacon. I usually bake them, but you could also make them on the grill.
- The Ultimate Burger – Everything I love on one burger! Grilled patties get topped with cheddar cheese, roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, avocado, and bacon. I dare you not to fall in love with it.
- Grilled Ribs – These dry rub ribs get grilled to perfection and then slathered in your favorite BBQ sauce. A simple recipe that’s oh so good.
Keep your Fourth of July dessert recipes simple and summery!
- Grilled Peaches – Summer desserts don’t get much better than grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream drizzled with honey.
- Root Beer Float Pie – Gingersnap crust with rootbeer filling and mounds of whipped cream on top is like a slice of root beer float heaven.
- Yellow Cake Pie with Chocolate Mousse and Berries – You don’t have to be the best home baker to pull off this cake. Easy to make and perfect for the 4th with fresh red and blue colored berries on top.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad – Berry lovers swoon for this dessert. It’s layers of pretzels, fluffy sweetened cream cheese, and strawberry jello with fresh strawberries make the best bite.
Show off your patriotic pride with themed recipes for the Fourth of July!
- 4th of July Funeftti Cupcakes – Fluffy vanilla cupcakes are dotted with red, white, and blue and topped with buttercream for a fun cupcake everyone loves.
- Patriotic Cake Mix Jello Cookies – These cake mix cookies turn colors with the addition of jello. You can use blue or red or make a batch of each.
- Patriotic Party Mix – The sweet and salty combo in this snack mix is really good. I’m talking Chex cereal, Cherrios, pretzels, peanuts, M&Ms, sprinkles, and white chocolate.
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats – Add some red, white & blue M&Ms to your Rice Krispie treat mix, press them into the pan, and top with colored candy melts for an easy 4th of July dessert.
- Red, White and Blue Ombre Layer Cake – Layers of gorgeousness! This cake is a show-stopper all the way. The outside may look simple but the inside is stunning.
- Firework Sugar Cookie Pie – This is really fun way to have sugar cookies. Color the dough to red, “white”, and blue, and put little bits into a pie crust. Bake and slice.
- 4th of July Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies – Cake mix cookies get a 4th of July makeover with red, white & blue M&Ms and are rolled in a little sugar for some sparkle.
- Sugar Cookie Flag Fruit Pizza – This easy-to-make dessert is a fun patriotic spin on a regular fruit pizza. Arrange the blueberries and strawberries in a flag design and fill in the stripes with sweetened cream cheese or buttercream.
- No Bake Berry Icebox Cake – Layers of graham crackers, fluffy sweetened cream cheese, and summer berries is the best make head dessert for your party.
- 4th of July Poke Cake – Surprise your guests with a simple white sheet cake with red and blue jello stripes. Top it all off with some Cool Whip and sprinkles and you’re ready to serve.
If you loved these recipes, try some of these Fourth of July Apps & Drinks, have fun with the kids with some easy patriotic crafts & treats, and check out my tips for Ways to Have a Rockin’ 4th of July Party!