I love having grilled chicken sandwiches in the summer. It’s nice to get out and use the grill to cook instead of heating up my kitchen and the kids get to swim some more while I cook. So that by the time dinner is over they are ready to wind down for bed. That makes me like them even more! It is a must to change up the chicken so my family doesn’t get bored and I get to keep my cool kitchen.
These Luau Chicken Sandwiches are so tasty. Our friends were over the night we had them and they loved them. They were unsure of the flavor combo with the grilled pineapple, bacon and mayo but they gave them a try and were happy they did. The flavors work so well together that I am craving one now as I look at this picture! 🙂
What is your go to dinner when the kitchen is too hot?
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 5 T brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- 2 T corn starch
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 onion buns
- 4 slices of fresh pineapple
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- in a sauce pan combine soy sauce, 1 c of water ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar and honey
- place on med heat
- in a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 c water and corn starch
- add to sauce pan and heat until thickened.
- marinate chicken breast in teriyaki sauce for at least 30 min
- grill over medium heat until internal temp reaches 165 degrees ( times will vary depending on size of chicken breast and grill)
- remove from grill and allow to rest covered by foil for 10 minutes
- grill pineapple on both sides until golden and heated through
- spread mayo on both sides of the bun
- stack ingredients on bun and enjoy