Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
Take your grilling game to the next level Surf and Turf Kabobs! Loaded with veggies, hearty steak & succulent shrimp, they’ll be a hit at all your cookouts!
It’s almost summer time! At my house, that means lots of grilling in the backyard with friends, family, and neighbors. This year, we’ll be enjoying guilt-free grill outs with the help of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spray. I use it to flavor our favorite grilled foods, like these Surf and Turf Kabobs. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray also helps keep our kabobs from sticking to the grill top. Love that! Then I just add a few more sprays once the food is cooked and I have a meal that has everyone asking what my secret is.
SURF AND TURF KABOBS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your GRILLING pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
If you’re not familiar with surf n turf, here’s the lowdown. It’s pretty amazing.
What is surf and turf?
- Surf and turf is a main course consisting of a combination of seafood and red meat. The seafood is usually lobster, shrimp, or prawns. The red meat is usually steak and you can use any cut you like. Seafood = surf and red meat = turf because that’s where they come from.
There are lots of different ways to put together surf and turf recipes, but this one is my absolute favorite for summer. It’s so easy to make and you can prep your skewers ahead of time to grill later. I’m all about easy party prep.
I picked up everything I need for this surf and turf recipe during my weekly trip to Walmart. I love the convenience of using Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup when I’m running around trying to get everything done. A simple trip through the produce department for the veggies, a visit to the meat department for the steak and shrimp, and then back to the butter/margarine section for I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray. It’s near the tubs of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! I grabbed a few more metal skewers too so we could cook everything at once instead of working in batches. Then I loaded up everything into my reusable Walmart shopping bags and headed home to make my husband jealous of my grilling skills.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and perfect for grilling masters and novices alike. Everything on your skewers cooks for the same amount of time. The shrimp is slightly elevated by the steak cubes on either side which helps it from cooking too quickly and becoming overdone. If you can light your grill, you can make these surf and turf kabobs!
How to Make Surf and Turf Kabobs
- Heat grill and prep steak by cutting into 1-inch cubes. Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces, and mushrooms in half.
- Assemble kabobs by skewering veggies, steak, and shrimp. Spray with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray and season with salt & pepper.
Grilling tip: If you’re using wood skewers, be sure to soak them in water 30 minutes before grilling with them.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side on hot grill.
- Remove to serving platter and flavor with more I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Serve immediately.
By simply adding a few sprays of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! to each kabob I’m giving them a big burst of flavor with zero fat, zero cholesterol, zero sodium, and only 5 calories per 7 sprays. It’s a swimsuit season win. I also really love that I can spray on the flavor. No pastry brushes basting over and over again. The spray bottle covers everything easily and helps the salt & pepper stick to every bite.
I love the rich buttery taste I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! adds to these kabobs. If you’ve ever had butter basted steak or dipped your shrimp in clarified butter, you know where I’m going with this. Pair those savory meats with grilled veggies for a low carb meal that will satisfy any appetite. These surf and turf kabobs are so pretty and delicious you’ll want to make them all summer long!
Be a grill master with some of my other favorite recipes!
- Grilled Caprese Chicken
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Orange-Rosemary Salmon
- More dinner ideas…
- 1 pound ribeye steak (or your preferred cut)
- 1 pound raw 31/40 shrimp peeled & deveined with tail on
- 1 zucchini rinsed
- 8 ounces white mushrooms tops cleaned
- 1 pint grape tomatoes rinsed
- 20 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spray
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim fat from steak, if needed, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Remove ends and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Cut mushrooms into half lengthwise.
- Assemble kabobs: Skewer zucchini, tomato, mushroom, steak cube, two shrimp, steak cube, mushroom, tomato, and zucchini. Repeat until all kabobs have been assembled.
*If you end up with extra shrimp or veggies, make all shrimp and all veggie kabobs to get everything cooked.
- Hold your I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray bottle about 6-inches from the kabobs and spray 7 sprays over the meat and veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place kabobs, seasoned side down on your hot grill. Spray the other side of the kabobs with 7 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray and season with salt and pepper. Close grill lid and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Shrimp will be pink, steaks caramelized, and veggies tender. Remove to a platter.
- Flavor kabobs with 6 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original Spray and parsley. Serve warm with lemon wedges for garnish.