TORTELLINI SOUP is a fast soup that’s perfect for chilly busy nights! It has all your favorite Italian flavors and can be on the table in less 30 minutes!
You guys tortellini soup was made for my family!!! My husband and I love soup as the weather gets chilly and it’s like the guys in my house can’t get enough pasta!! Don’t get me wrong, I love pasta too but I also like variety and spaghetti every night isn’t a lot of variety or great on my waistline! My husband has been doing our grocery shopping lately. (I know, I’m the luckiest girl in the world!) The last few times he’s come home with bags and bags of tortellini, thinking it’s been eaten and we’re out. We’re not. So I have a stock pile of tortellini. I started brainstorming on what to do with all of it. I landed on tortellini soup. I know the flavors aren’t far off of our traditional dish of tortellini with red sauce but it’s all about baby steps with my guys when then dig into a rut.
This soup is really simple to make. Most of the ingredients are just staples that I keep in my kitchen so when I find myself with no ideas for dinner this is an awesome option! It’s like the ultimate comfort food! I mean pasta, Italian flavors and warm soup? Yeah, pretty amazing! Everyone’s happy, especially me because I got dinner on the table in 30 minutes and everyone eats it! Just make sure that you don’t add in the pasta until just before you’re ready to serve it up or you’ll end up with mushy, giant pasta.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini cut in half length wise, sliced
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 oz tortellini pasta
- heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom soup pot over medium heat
- add in the ground turkey and break up as it cooks
- season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until cooked all the way through
- remove to a plate and set aside
- add in the onion and allow to cook for 2 to 4 min
- stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- add back in the ground turkey
- stir in the baby spinach, diced tomatoes and zucchini
- season with oregano and pour in the chicken stock
- season with more salt and pepper to taste
- allow to simmer for 20 minutes
- add in tortellini and allow to cook 5 minutes or until pasta cooked
- serve up and enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!