Easy Chipotle Chicken Nachos are a seriously delicious appetizer with spicy chicken breast, melty cheddar cheese, and pico de gallo over black beans and crispy tortilla chips that can be ready to eat in 10 minutes!
If you follow my blog, Flavor Mosaic, you know I’m a serious lover of Tex-Mex food. Nachos, enchiladas, you name it. My husband and I are fortunate to have some great local Mexican food restaurants nearby. However, sometimes I just want quality Tex-Mex food at home without the cost and hassle of going to a restaurant.
These Easy Chipotle Chicken Nachos are so easy to make yet taste just as good or better than your local Mexican restaurant. For these I used leftover rotisserie chicken, and seasoned it with chipotle chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Spread out evenly tortilla chips on a large plate or platter. Spoon on the drained black beans. Top with the seasoned chicken. Sprinkle cheddar cheese generously and evenly over the top.
Next you can either heat these up in the oven or do what I do and microwave them. That is an excellent option during summer when it is so hot outside and you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Microwave for a minute or two and you have crispy nachos with spicy chipotle chicken and melted cheddar cheese. Top with your favorite toppings such as pico de gall, guacamole, or sour cream.
- 1 large cooked chicken breast shredded (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder add more or less depending on desired heat level
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 Tortilla Chips
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo drained (store-bought or make-your-own)
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
- In a medium bowl, add the cooked chicken breast and sprinkle with chipotle chili power, cumin, and garlic powder.
- On a large microwave-safe plate or platter spread tortilla chips in one layer.
- Spoon the drained black beans evenly over the top of the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the seasoned shredded chicken breast over the black beans.
- Sprinkkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Microwave for approximately 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Please watch carefully as microwaves and cooking times can vary.
- Remove from the microwave when the cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through.
- Spoon pico de gallo over the top.
- Top with sour cream or guacamole, if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!