Tender chicken breasts in marinara are topped with buttery Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits in this Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake. It’s an amazingly simple one-dish meal the whole family will love!
Cheddar bay biscuits are the sole reason I go to Red Lobster. Those tender biscuits loaded with cheese and butter, piping hot right out of the oven, are pretty much the best thing since sliced bread! I have tried lots of copy cat recipes, but they never quite live up to the restaurant version. Recently Red Lobster released a box mix for Cheddar Bay Biscuits and it is the closest I have ever tasted to the real thing.
This recipe is so simple and flavorful that your family will be begging for more! Saute up a few chicken breasts and layer them with your favorite marinara sauce. Top that with the Cheddar Bay Biscuit mixture and pop in the oven for 25 minutes for a delicious dinner that will fly off the table. It’s one of my family’s favorite easy casserole recipes!
Sadly, I could probably eat just these biscuits for a meal, but I thought some chicken for protein might be a good idea. 😉 You could also toss some vegetables in with the chicken, such as onions and broccoli for a complete one-dish meal.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 1 box. Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
- 3/4 c. cold water
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. green onions, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. marinara
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- Saute the chicken breasts for 8 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix with water, cheddar and green onion. Set aside.
- In a sprayed 9x13 pan, layer the marinara, chicken breasts and prepared biscuit mix. Spoon the biscuit mix over the chicken breasts to cover completely.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and seasoning packet from the biscuit mixture and brush over the top of the casserole. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
More hearty dinner ideas!