Tender chicken breasts in marinara are topped with buttery Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits in this Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake. It’s an amazingly simple one-dish meal the whole family will love!
Cheddar bay biscuits are the sole reason I go to Red Lobster. Those tender biscuits loaded with cheese and butter, piping hot right out of the oven, are pretty much the best thing since sliced bread! I have tried lots of copy cat recipes, but they never quite live up to the restaurant version. Recently Red Lobster released a box mix for Cheddar Bay Biscuits and it is the closest I have ever tasted to the real thing.
This recipe is so simple and flavorful that your family will be begging for more! Saute up a few chicken breasts and layer them with your favorite marinara sauce. Top that with the Cheddar Bay Biscuit mixture and pop in the oven for 25 minutes for a delicious dinner that will fly off the table. It’s one of my family’s favorite easy casserole recipes!
Real Housemoms TV
Sadly, I could probably eat just these biscuits for a meal, but I thought some chicken for protein might be a good idea. 😉 You could also toss some vegetables in with the chicken, such as onions and broccoli for a complete one-dish meal.
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
- 3/4 c. cold water
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. green onions chopped
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. marinara
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- Saute the chicken breasts for 8 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix with water, cheddar and green onion. Set aside.
- In a sprayed 9x13 pan, layer the marinara, chicken breasts and prepared biscuit mix. Spoon the biscuit mix over the chicken breasts to cover completely.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and seasoning packet from the biscuit mixture and brush over the top of the casserole. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Like this recipe? Try these!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!