This roasted Lemon Butter Broccolini is one of the simplest yet tastiest side dishes you will ever make! It’s delicious enough for company, easy enough for every day!
LEMON BUTTER BROCCOLINI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m sure you are probably familiar with roasted broccoli, but what about roasted broccolini? It’s just as delectable with a more mild, earthy taste, takes less time to cook and feels extra gourmet for special occasions or company! If you aren’t familiar with broccolini it looks like baby broccoli with small florets and long stems – and the name sounds like baby broccoli, but it is actually a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese broccoli created in 1933.
I wanted to create an easy side dish for special occasions (like Easter!) that was simple, one pan but felt special – enter Roasted Lemon Butter Broccolini! It is packed with flavor but is one of the simplest sides to prepare ever.
We start by trimming the bottom 2 inches off the broccolini stems so the are nice and fresh and no woody tasting ends remain and then slice any extra thick stems in half to create uniform broccolini so they will all roast in the same amount of time. Next, the broccolini gets tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic – all on the SAME pan you are roasting it on (yay for only ONE DISH) and then you spread the broccolini in an even layer to roast. I use a large jelly roll pan but if you don’t have one, then just use two baking sheets. They key here is we want enough room for the broccolini to spread out so it can actually roast and not just steam.
After roasting for 12 minutes, we remove the broccolini and dot it evenly with butter and return it to the oven for the butter to melt. I love this method because then we don’t dirty another pan to make our sauce – it is made right in the baking pan. Finally, you drizzle your broccolini with the desired amount of lemon juice and toss to coat – that’s it for Roasted Lemon Butter Broccolini! The perfect, delicious side for special occasions or to make every day special!
- 1 pound broccolini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Trim the bottom 2 inches off the broccolini stems and cut any thick stems in half.
- Line a large jelly roll pan with foil (or use two baking sheets) and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add broccolini to pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic and toss until evenly coated. Line broccolini in a single layer.
- Roast for 12 minutes then remove from oven and evenly space cubed butter on broccolini. Return to oven and bake an additional 3 minutes or until broccolini reaches desired crisp-tenderness. Broil if desired for a few minutes. Remove from oven and toss with lemon juice to taste. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
You might also like:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!