Broccoli Salad. What can I say? It doesn’t sound that great, right? As kids we had to be told to eat our broccoli, unless it was covered in cheese. At least, that’s how it was in most houses. Raw broccoli was another thing entirely! I’d eat it if I was starving and I could
submerge dip it in ranch dressing. Then, as I got older, I realized that I could eat almost as much raw broccoli as I could handle and loose weight. I didn’t always enjoy it but I did enjoy not being hungry, so I ate it. But THIS Broccoli Salad is a game changer!
It is so good and has so much flavor that I could sit down and eat it all, and I’ve come close! I was inspired by a salad that we’d buy at Costco from Sweet Tomatoes. I wanted to have some the other day but didn’t want to make my way to Costco, mainly because I can’t be trusted to walk out with only the salad. I switch some things up to use what I had on hand, but the flavor is great! My husband called it phenomenal! I’d say that’s a pretty good compliment. This salad is going to be popping up in my kitchen a lot more frequently now that I can make it without the trip to Costco.
- 8 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- ½ almond slivers, toasted
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- combine broccoli, onion, raisins, sunflower seeds, and almonds in a large bowl
- in a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients
- pour over the broccoli salad and toss to coat