Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tater Tot Bake is a delicious and super easy meal to put together. Your whole family will love it!
CROCK POT CHEESY CHICKEN, BACON & TATER TOT BAKE!
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tator Tot Bake was a huge hit with my family. I love rainy days, especially in fall in Arizona, because we have ridiculously hot summers, and cool rainy days are awesome after such hot temperatures. We love to get outside and enjoy the weather, and that’s when my best crock pot recipes come in handy!
A couple weeks ago, my son was really sick and we were taking it easy at home. He was so sick that he missed baseball practice. In my son’s world, nothing will stop him from playing baseball, so he was really sick. It was heartbreaking! My husband went to play golf, but they stopped playing after six holes because of the rain, and my daughter was at a friend’s house all day. It was a crock pot kind of day, so I made a Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tator Tot Bake.
This dinner so easy to make and everyone loved the combination of flavors! You can’t really go wrong with bacon, chicken, and cheese though. All you do is layer the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it, and forget it. Then a few hours later you have a comforting meal that you’ll want to make again and again!
- One 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese blend
- 2/3 cup 2% milk (whole milk would be fine too)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once bacon cools, crumble it into small pieces, and set it aside.
- Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump half the frozen tater tots into the crock pot, and spread into an even layer. Top tots with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/2 the crumbled bacon.
- Place uncooked chicken on top of the tater tot layer. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Top chicken with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread remaining tater tots over the chicken layer. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Pour milk over the top of the dish.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on HIGH on 3 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
If you liked this don’t forget these!