Introducing the King of all Burgers – the Big Daddy Double Cheeseburger! This not-so-secret recipe is the ultimate in beefy, cheesy burger perfection topped with the best Boom Boom Sauce ever! And this juicy, jumbo burger can be made almost as quickly as you can ask, “Do you want fries with that?”
This is not your fast-food McDonald’s cheeseburger, guys. The sky-high Big Daddy Double Cheeseburger with Boom Boom Sauce has it all: 2 all-beef patties, melty Monterey Jack cheese, fried onion rings, creamy coleslaw, and a spicy sauce that sends this hearty burger skyrocketing!
Homemade Burgers are Better!
Okay, so there’s no question homemade cheeseburgers taste better. Way better! But a little cost comparison proves that making burgers at home saves a ton of money over what you’d fork out at the drive-thru – 35% or more! And they are super quick to make. Toss the patties on a grill or griddle and the most challenging part is done!
I love to see how many ways I can change up a homemade burger. I mean, for the Big Daddy Double Cheeseburger, the Boom Boom Sauce sets it apart. (The sauce can be whipped up in only a few minutes, but WOW, is it phenomenal!) Other times I love to go tropical with a delicious Island Teriyaki Burger or spice things up with this sweet and crispy Jalapeno Popper Burger.
Other Recipes to Serve with the Big Daddy Burger
The Big Daddy, Double Cheeseburger recipe, saves time using frozen onion rings and deli coleslaw – and they’re delicious! But if you’re feeling the pull to make everything from scratch, try these:
- This Classic Coleslaw can’t be beaten. It’s great on the Big Daddy, a BBQ sandwich, or a healthy, fresh side.
- Take one bite of these Crispy Onion Rings, and you may not be able to stop eating them!
Burgers: Beef patties, Monterey Jack cheese, onion rings, coleslaw, buns
Boom Boom Sauce: Mayo, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, garlic powder, sriracha
How to Make Boom Boom Sauce
STEP ONE: Add the mayo, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, garlic powder, and sriracha to a small bowl and stir until blended.
STEP TWO: Slather the Boom Boom Sauce all over the top bun of your burger and savor every bite!
How to Make a Big Daddy Double Cheeseburger
STEP ONE: Grill burgers. At the last minute, add cheese on top and melt.
STEP TWO: Build your burger! Bottom bun, cheeseburger patties, coleslaw, two onion rings, and the top bun slathered with the Boom Boom Sauce.
Tips for Success
- Quality beef is the key! For the Big Daddy, use 80/20 ground beef as it has a moderate amount of fat so the burger stays moist and flavorful without falling apart.
- Purchasing a coleslaw mix (adding mayo at home) is easy to save money and ensure a fresh slaw for topping your burger. OR…you can combine the coleslaw mix with the Boom Boom Sauce. YES.
Is Boom Boom Sauce the Same as Yum Yum Sauce?
Both sauces start with a mayo/ketchup base, but the similarities end there. Yum Yum Sauce goes sweeter using tomato paste, paprika, and sugar, while Boom Boom Sauce goes spicier using chili sauce and sriracha.
What Can I Use Instead of Mayonnaise?
If you find yourself without mayo, you can quickly whip up a batch with an egg, oil, and vinegar, or lemon juice. It’s easy! But I also know a few people who don’t like mayonnaise, and I get it. By itself, it can be greasy and tangy. BUT mayo is essentially just oil and egg – two essential ingredients in almost every sauce and baked good! So even if you don’t like the taste of mayonnaise, don’t write it off altogether! It makes a fantastic base for your next queso, chocolate muffin, or Boom Boom Sauce!
Awesome Alternatives to Beef Burgers
- Salmon Burgers
- BBQ Chicken Burgers
- Greek Turkey Burgers
- Salsa Verde Turkey Burger
- Garden Fresh Caprese Turkey Burger
*This post was originally posted on 05/30/2016.
- 2 hamburger patties
- 2 slices American cheese (or Monterey Jack)
- ¼ cup coleslaw
- 2 onion rings prepared
- 1 burger bun
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, garlic powder, and sriracha until combined. Set the boomb boom sauce aside.
- Grill the hamburger patties in a skillet over medium-high heat to your desired doneness. (Medium > 7 to 8 minutes, Medium-Well > 9 minutes) A couple of minutes before the burgers are done, place a slice of cheese on top of each patty and allow it to melt.
- Stack the burger patties on the bottom burger bun. Top with coleslaw and then the onion rings.
- Slather Boom Boom Sauce on the cut side of the top bun and then place it on top of the burger. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t want a double burger, you can absolutely make this a single patty burger.
- I usually get frozen onion rings and cook them in the oven or my air fryer.
- There is enough sauce for 3-4 burgers, or save the extra to dip your fries in.