These BBQ Chicken Burgers require just a few basic ingredients and come out super juicy and flavorful!
I have a serious adoration for chicken coated in BBQ sauce. In just about any form… I recently shared my BBQ chicken quinoa salad bowls that are a great go-to for busy nights (and also work for a make-ahead lunch or picnic!) And I’ll mix up some leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken with BBQ sauce and slap it on a sandwich or over a salad for a yummy lunch. So, so good. Then, of course, I had to use those flavors for some BBQ Chicken Burgers! Cause we are in burger season and I am ALL about it.
BBQ CHICKEN BURGER
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
I love serving these with coleslaw – both on top of the burger and on the side. You can use my easy no-mayo coleslaw or a regular creamy one; whichever you prefer! Other toppings include extra cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce, lettuce and tomato, quick pickled red onions or caramelized onions, possibly some avocado slices and any other burger fixings you love! Also, be warned, these are messy! They are so juicy inside that you’ll have the juice all over your hands and maybe running down your mouth. Just embrace it. It’s worth every dirty napkin.
A few notes on these BBQ chicken burgers:
- I cook my burgers in a pan more often than not – it’s right there and so fast – but you can grill these burgers too. Just be sure not to use a super high heat setting as ground chicken can burn rather quickly.
- You can use homemade BBQ sauce or your favorite store-bought variety. (Trader Joe’s has a couple that I like that don’t have high-fructose corn syrup or an overload of sugar.)
- If you can’t find ground chicken, you can make your own. Just add about a pound of raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped, to a food processor and pulse until it’s broken up and resembles ground meat.
Serve these BBQ chicken burgers with some potato salad and/or corn on the cob and you’ll be in for a delicious summer meal!
Want more BBQ Chicken recipes?
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs
- BBQ Chicken Dip
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Potato Skins
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this BBQ Chicken Burger recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Burger Shaper: Making burgers is a breeze with this burger press. The patties come out with an even thickness and shape every time.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- Pickled red onions
- Extra cheddar cheese
- Extra BBQ sauce
- Mix together burger ingredients in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape burger mixture into 4 equal sized patties.
- Heat canola oil over medium heat. in a large skillet Add the patties and cook 6-7 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5-6 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve on burger buns with desired toppings.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!