Cheesy Bacon Chicken Burgers are super yummy! I love substituting chicken for ground beef to make burgers a little healthier. The bacon in this recipe actually comes from a bacon flavored pasta sauce on top of the burger and it is an amazing addition. I had Aubrey over for dinner one night and we ate Cheesy Bacon Chicken Burgers! The kids loved them too! They are just as tasty without a bun and helps the meal be lower in carbs, which I am trying to do several times a week. I love burgers in the summer and with Labor Day coming up and a lot more warm weather in Arizona, I am looking forward to making them again!
recipe modified from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2-3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prego Bacon Provolone pasta sauce or any pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese sliced or shredded
- hamburger rolls
- Place the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, green onion, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and stir to combine
- Add the ground chicken and gently mix until everything is evenly distributed
- Form the mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to allow the flavors to meld
- Preheat your broiler and set a rack about 6 inches from the heating element
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Broil the burgers for 5-6 minutes on the first side, then flip and broil for 4-5 minutes on the second side, or until golden and completely cooked through
- Remove the pan from the oven and top each burger with tomato sauce and cheese
- Return to the oven and broil for about 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted
- If you want to toast the rolls, you can pop them under the broiler briefly as well before serving
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!