Red, White & Blue Berry Frozen Dessert is a patriotic no-bake dessert that you can throw in your freezer and enjoy on a hot summer day!
With the 4th of July right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about what you will be cooking. I mean, food really is the most important part of any holiday, right?! Whether you are heading to the lake or barbecuing in the back yard, you can’t skip over a fun patriotic dish. This Red, White & Blue Berry Frozen Dessert is the perfect treat for both kids and adults to cool off from the blazing heat!
This dessert starts with a graham cracker and pecan crust and is topped with layers of delicious strawberry, cream cheese, and blueberry goodness! Toss it in the freezer and you will have a refreshing sweet to pair with your hamburgers and brats.
Do you have any exciting plans for the fourth? Our family started a fun new tradition, Summer Olympics, last year on the 4th of July and it was a blast. We divided up all of our family, cousins included, into a red and blue team. Our family is very competitive, so we were fighting to the bitter end in everything from water balloon and wheel barrel races to throwing Cheetos at teammates heads covered in shaving cream. There was no prize other than pride, but we were all intent on winning it. Needless to say, my team lost last year, so this year I fully intend on staging a comeback!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg graham crackers
- 3/4 c. pecans
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 2 containers Cool Whip store-bought or homemade
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. strawberries pureed
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 c. blueberries pureed
- 5 drops blue food coloring
- Additional strawberries and blueberries
- Add the salt, graham crackers, pecans and melted butter to your food processor and pulse until well incorporated. Dump the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and using the bottom of a glass, press the mixture firmly into the pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, puree the strawberries and blueberries seperately and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and instant pudding. Beat for 5 minutes and divide into 3 equal parts.
- To the first part, mix in the pureed strawberries and red food coloring. Fold in half a container of Cool Whip and spread evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- To the second part, fold in 2/3 container of Cool Whip and spread over the strawberry mixture.
- To the last part, mix in the pureed blueberries and blue food coloring. Fold in half a container of Cool Whip and spread evenly over the mixture.
- Using the remaining Cool Whip, top the dessert with decorative dollops. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Before serving, top the dessert with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
More desserts to cool you off!
Hi! Thanks for sharing this recipe, for the Red, White, and Blue Frozen Dessert, it looks really delicious! I’m planning to make this as a dessert for my holiday gathering. I really want to be sure that I’m following the steps correctly, but I’m a little confused with step #5. Will you please explain it to me?
Thank you! 🙂
Julie K says
Okay. 🙂 So you have 3 bowls each with equal portions of the cream cheese/milk/pudding mixture from step #3. In one bowl you all the strawberry puree, red food color, and cool whip. Spread the strawberry mixture over the crust you created (step #4). In the 2nd bowl, you add 2/3 of a container of cool whip to the cream cheese pudding mixture already in the bowl. Then spread the contents of that bowl over the strawberry layer you just put in the serving dish. (step #5). Hope this helps!