Orange Creamsicle Fudge takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, and tastes just like an orange creamsicle ice cream!
For me, nothing screams holiday season more than a big ol’ platter of fudge. Long are the days of plain chocolate, now is the time for delicious gourmet fudge recipes. Everyone that tries a bite of this fudge has pretty much the same reaction…they close their eyes and say “Mmmmmm!” Then they tell me it totally tastes just like what they remember an orange creamsicle tasting like. Then they reach for a second piece!
I’d say that’s a pretty darn good piece of fudge to take everyone back to their childhood and reach for a second piece…even when there are tons of other sweet options available.
The secret to this orange creamsicle fudge is not completely combine the orange and cream layers. A gentle stir is all you need to lightly swirl the two different layers. This makes it look pretty and keeps it all from becoming orange fudge.
Need more fudge? Check out this collection of more than 50 Fabulous Fudge Recipes!
- 1 (12oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (16oz) tub store bought vanilla frosting
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- orange food coloring
- Prepare a 9x9 inch baking dish by lining the inside of the dish with foil or parchment. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts. Stir in between each burst. When chips are almost fully melted and smooth add in the entire tub of frosting for the last 15 seconds. Stir well to combine.
- Remove about 1/2 of the mixture and add orange extract and a couple drops of food coloring. Stir well to combine. Add colored mixture back in with the non colored mixture and stir just a little bit. You want to see the swirl of the orange and cream, so do not mix all the way. Pour into prepared pan and place in refrigerator to firm up for several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into 16 bite sized pieces to serve.