CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP is the easiest chicken noodle soup you will ever make! It’s sure to become a fall and winter staple at your house!
I can’t believe I am saying this already, but fall is here, my friends. Summer went by a blur, but we had so much fun, and I’m sure you did too. With the chillier weather we are having, like today – so rainy and cold, it’s the perfect time to dust off your slow cooker for the best crock pot recipes, especially this chicken tortellini soup!
In my house, we are huge soup fans because they are so versatile, warming and comforting, and are relatively inexpensive to feed any size family. This crockpot chicken tortellini soup is a go-to recipe we love and cannot get enough of. It’s easy, loaded with shredded chicken, carrots, celery, spices, seasonings, and three-cheese tortellini. It almost reminds of a chicken noodle soup mom always made for you when you were sick, but this one is even better. It’s all because of the three-cheese tortellini.
For the chicken, you can use boneless chicken breasts or even rotisserie chicken. To keep this soup even easier I used rotisserie chicken, but I will also include the directions on how to use chicken breasts in the recipe. It’s still incredibly easy but it does require a little more time. For the tortellini, my store usually carries tortellini in the deli section, but I couldn’t find it, so I used frozen tortellini. Either will work, and the directions will be the same.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken (note 1)
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces three-cheese tortellini (note 2)
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Place the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, chicken, chicken stock, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary into a 6-quart slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the three-cheese tortellini into the soup and mix. Cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.
(Note 2): You may use tortellini from the deli section or the frozen tortellini. If using frozen, do not thaw before adding to the soup.