We went camping this past Labor Day weekend and had an amazing time. I got to go with a big group of family and we had a blast. It was a nice break from the heat in the mountains of AZ. We even had elk walk up to camp to graze on the field behind our tent! It was a wonderful time filled with fun, games and great food. I wanted to enjoy the weekend with everyone else, so I prepared a lot of food in advance that could either be reheated or popped onto the grill or griddle, like this Three Bean Turkey Chili. I also made up the patties for these burgers and then froze them and packed them with dry ice to have the last night. The plan was to get some amazing pictures of these cooking over the open campfire. Well….mother nature had other plans. It rained and didn’t stop until after dinner was ready. So, we have this picture of the burger cooking over my propane cooker and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine with the ladies!
- In a food processor puree onion, carrots and garlic
- Place ground beef in a large bowl
- Add onion mixture and remaining ingredients to beef
- Form hamburger patties to the size you like
- With knuckle indent the center of the patties (this helps to keep them flat when cooking