Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate EASY comfort food!
Now that the weather is FINALLY getting cooler, it’s time for COMFORT FOOD!! The easier the better, like this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup! Creamy, dreamy, comforting, delicious, and SO EASY. Throw the ingredients in, forget about them, and enjoy one of the best crock pot recipes. It’s that simple!
This is my go-to recipe for this Fall/Winter. Our entire family loves it and it re-heats like a dream. You can’t go wrong!! I hope you love it as much as our family!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Best Dinner Recipes pin board!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cups diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 6 Tbsp flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups diced broccoli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz shredded monterrey jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sour cream, more cheese, and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion and stir until translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and flour, whisking to combine. Continue to whisk as you pour in the evaporated milk and whisk until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the sauce until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker and add chicken broth and broccoli. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Turn off heat and stir in cream. Stir in all the cheese (in batches) stirring to melt and combine.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream, cilantro, and more cheese if desired.