I like having some sort of protein at breakfast. I feel like I stay full longer and I tend to stay on track with my eating the rest of the day when I do.
I’m also very busy in the mornings so if breakfast takes too long or seems like a lot of work (or any) I’ll tend to skip it. For that reason I usually have a bunch of boiled eggs in my fridge to grab in the morning. Sometimes you just can’t eat the same breakfast all. the. time!
This weekend I had inspiration hit! It was the way that so many artists have talked about receiving inspiration, like a bolt of lightning, except I created egg cups instead of musical compositions.
These Cheesy Sausage, Egg & Hash Brown Cups are so good, and super crazy easy to make! I think I’ll be keeping a batch of these in the fridge now along side my boiled eggs for breakfast!
- 1 1/2 c frozen hash browns
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c cooked breakfast sausage crumbles
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp pepper
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- place 2 tbsp of hash browns into each cup and spray generously with more cooking spray
- place in oven for 10 min then remove and using a cup that fits into the muffin tin press the hash browns down. They will flatten and spread up the sides.
- place back in the oven for another 10 min
- beat the 12 eggs in a medium mixing bowl until they start to turn fluffy
- add salt and pepper and whisk some more
- remove the hash browns from the oven and place a layer of onion in each then a layer of sausage and a layer of cheese
- pour the egg over top to cover ingredients
- place back in the oven and cook another 15 min or until egg is set
- remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 1-2 min
- run a knife around the edge of each cup and scoop out