LEMON SPAGHETTI is a light pasta recipe that everyone goes wild for! Even my kids couldn’t get enough!
I first had lemon spaghetti on a trip to Las Vegas with my husband. I like lemon things even lemon chicken but I wasn’t too sure about the Lemon Spaghetti. I was wrong. From the first bite I knew I had been missing out all my life. The flavor is so bright and refreshing that it’s my go to pasta dish during the hot summer months. I was in heaven when I learned how easy it is to make! The sauce doesn’t have to be cooked! You mix it in a bowl and then the hot pasta brings it up to temperature!!! So amazing, right!!!
This dish would be great with a chicken dinner or with shrimp, crab or even lobster! Think about that for a minute. Lobster Lemon Spaghetti! My mouth may be watering right now! There are so many options or you could do what I did the other day and make a batch of Lemon Spaghetti, pour a glass of white wine and sit out back to eat dinner. I just enjoyed the last bit of summer and it was amazing!
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup Parmesan shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest divided
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to salt the water
- in a large bowl whisk together oil, Parmesan 1 tbsp lemon zest and lemon juice
- drain pasta and add to the lemon sauce in bowl
- toss pasta in sauce
- add salt to taste and pepper
- toss in the fresh Italian parsley
- sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp lemon zest on top of pasta