Pasta is a great quick meal. When I’m crunched for time, or just don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking I usually turn to pasta. Shrimp is the same way. Great tasting shrimp can be on the table in no time and it always goes over well! When I was thinking of what to make for dinner the other day I had both on hand and no desire to spend time cooking. No time to cook doesn’t always mean that you can’t have an amazing dinner! This Pesto and Shrimp Pasta was so great I couldn’t stop stealing bites of it as I made it.
Pesto is a great sauce, especially in the summer time, as the herb garden starts to grow all the basil. It’s so fast to make and can be frozen too. It’s a great way to save extra herbs for the winter also. I love this Pesto and Shrimp Pasta and can’t wait to have it again and again!
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- in a medium bowl toss the shrimp, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- lay out onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- cook pasta according to directions on the package
- place tomato halves in a skillet over medium heat and stir until just heated through
- in a large bowl toss pasta, tomatoes, pesto, shrimp and cheese
- serve and enjoy!