Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich is delicious topped with a pesto mayonnaise, roasted bell pepper, and purple onion!
GRILLED PESTO CHICKEN SANDWICH
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I have been making this sandwich for dinner in the summer for a few years now. I’ve said this before, but I make a lot of chicken sandwiches in the summer to get out of the hot kitchen and enjoy the pool with the kids while I make dinner. I love my grill during the summer and it always gets a workout.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
My mom used to make grilled pesto chicken while we grew up and it was the first type of chicken I ever made. We’d eat it for dinner with our favorite side dishes, chopped up on salads, and as a sandwich. I may have even eaten leftover pesto chicken cold, right out of the fridge a time or two.
Having this chicken on a sandwich with the roasted bell pepper and onion kicks it up a notch for a yummy variation. The flavors come together beautifully! I also make a pesto mayonnaise that works on this sandwich, and as the perfect dipping sauce for the Baked Rosemary Sweet Potatoes that always go alongside and Grilled Peaches for dessert!
What are your favorite grilled meals?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 16 ounces basil pesto sauce
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 medium purple onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 crusty sturdy buns
- marinate the chicken breast in half of the pesto sauce
- grill chicken breast until cooked through
- remove and allow to rest for 5 min while you prepare the rest of the sandwich
- in a small bowl combine mayo with 4 tablespoons of pesto
- spread mayonnaise on the buns
- place chicken on bun and top with roasted pepper and sliced onion
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!