Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes are the perfect appetizer for your next get-together, made by stuffing cherry tomatoes with an extra cheesy pesto filling!
Every time I’m invited to a get-together or a party, the first thing I think to myself is, “Hmmmm…I wonder what kind of food they’re going to have.” For me, every social gathering is all about the food.
There’s really nothing worse than getting to a party and *gasp* there is no food at all. That’s definitely no way to host a good shindig, in my opinion. Parties should be about good company, good conversation, and good food!
Little nibbles like these tasty Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes are perfect for a casual gatherings like game day or a barbecue, but they’re elegant enough for a bridal shower or Mother’s Day brunch. The bonus is that they can be made ahead of time, so you don’t have to be worried about spending all of your time in the kitchen when you have guests over.
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto sauce or store bought
- 1 1/2 pints about 36 cherry tomatoes
- Cut a very thin slice off of the bottom of each tomato so that they will stand upright.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes.
- Run your knife around the inside edge of the tomato, then scoop out the pulp; discard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, Pecorino Romano cheese, and pesto sauce.
- Cut the corner off of a heavy duty plastic baggie and insert an icing tip. Fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each tomato.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Need more appetizer ideas for your next get-together? How about one of these?!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!