Shrimp & Pesto Jalapeno Bites are super yummy and make a great appetizer! My friend came over last week to have a Cucumber Margarita and some Shrimp & Pesto Jalapeno Bites while we played Skip Bo and talked for hours! They are easy to make and taste amazing! I need to use pesto in more recipes because I forgot how much I loved it! When I add it with shrimp, cheese, and jalapenos, I create an awesome combination of flavors! Next time, I might try wrapping them in bacon. I know, that doesn’t come across as a surprise since I love bacon and add it to many recipes, but bacon can only add another great flavor, right?!!! I always make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers and they are always a huge hit. I will be making the Shrimp & Pesto Jalapeno Bites for the next summer party and will double the recipe for a larger crowd! You could throw these on the grill for a few minutes, but my husband recently bought this massive smoker contraption that I have no clue how to use yet, so I played it safe and baked them in the oven. They tasted great, but next time I make them, I want to try them on the grill, so I will make sure my man is home! I found the recipe at half hour meals.
- 6 jalapeños
- 12 medium sized shrimp cooked and tail off, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 garlic glove minced
- shredded cheese any type (I used cheddar, but will try a 4 cheese mexican blend next time)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash jalapeño peppers and pat dry
- Cut Jalapeños in half and take out all the seeds
- (if you are doing them on the grill, brush bottom of jalapeños with olive oil or any cooking oil)
- Add chopped shrimp, pesto, mayonnaise, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until well combined
- Stuff jalapenos with the shrimp mixture
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each jalapeno
- Spray a broiler pan with non stick cooking spray
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
- (If you are cooking them on the grill, place the jalapenos on the grill for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat)
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!