COPYCAT CARRABBA’S CAVATAPPI AMATRICIANA is easy, delicious and ready in 30 minutes! Made with a zesty tomato sauce and paired with cavatappi noodles, this pasta is a dish the entire family will love!
I love easy meals that take little time. And this Copycat Carrabba’s Cavatappi Amatriciana is just that. What is great about this pasta dish is that it can be served as a main course or side dish. Fantastic with grilled chicken or fish this pasta brings a lot of flavor to the plate. The zesty tomato sauce makes this pasta the star.
My kids get this every time we go to Carrabba’s. My husband tends to get anything that has their lemon butter sauce drenched all over it and I can’t blame him. Leftovers, if there are any taste just as good or even better the next day. And the noodles are beautiful but also hearty. I would recommend you pick up the cavatappi noodles, it will make it worth it.
Real Housemoms TV
I love the addition of fresh basil on top, but that is a green vegetable and has been known to make my little kids melt or have a melt down at the table. But if you are looking to add some garnish that makes this dish pop, add some freshly chopped basil, it’s beautiful. If serving as a main course make sure to have a nice salad, like the another Carrabba’s favorite the Insalta Mista. Made with a tangy vinaigrette it pairs perfectly with the zesty tomato sauce.
So grab the few simple ingredients to make this famous dish Copycat Carrabba’s Cavatappi Amatriciana – I can’t think of a better 30-minute meal.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes in juice, crushed/chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 8-12 ounces cavatappi or fusilli pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano cheese plus more for garnish
- Make the sauce by melting 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Once completely melted add pancetta and cook until a light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in onions and garlic and cook for 8 minutes or until it becomes a rich, deep golden color. Make sure to occasionally stir while cooking the pancetta and onions.
- While the onions are cooking, crush or chop the whole tomatoes from the can, do not discard the juices. Add them into the sauce pan along with the leftover juice from the can. Stir in one cup of water and hot pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, once boiling reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to cooking pot. Add the sauce and Romano cheese, stir until combined.
- Garnish with cheese and freshly chopped basil, if desired.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!