On cold winter nights, I love curling up with a blanket and a hot drink. These 25 Hot Chocolate Recipes to Warm You Up will chase away the cold and sooth you to the core!
It doesn’t matter if you call it hot chocolate or hot cocoa, there’s something warm and comforting about this drink that calls to me. I love getting cozy on cold nights and there’s no better way to warm up than with these 25 Hot Chocolate Recipes. There’s a hot chocolate recipe for everyone. From white chocolate to over the top and traditional to boozy. Grab a mug and treat yourself to some chocolatey goodness!
25 HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO WARM YOU UP
Love it? Pin it to your DRINK board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Real Housemoms TV
As much as I love hot chocolate in fun flavors, there’s not quite like a good old mug of chocolatey goodness. These classic hot chocolate recipes are my go-to choice when it’s cold out.
- Dark Chocolate Vanilla Bean Hot Chocolate – The vanilla bean in this hot chocolate is absolutely amazing! It’s on a whole new level.
- Hot Chocolate for One – Better than any of those store-bought packets you’ll find!
- Homemade Hot Chocolate – Treat your family to a mug of warm chocolate goodness!
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Rich spices make this hot chocolate recipe one you’ll want in your recipe box!
- Thick Italian Hot Chocolate – So creamy and rich you’ll never want your mug to be empty!
If you like vanilla more than chocolate, try these white hot chocolate recipes instead. You can add all sorts of flavors to the basic hot cocoa for a sip you won’t soon forget!
- Slow Cooker Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate – Perfect for Christmas and so easy to make!!
- Rum Chata Spiked White Hot Chocolate – Spike your hot chocolate for an adults-only treat!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate – Great for fall or just because you love PSLs!!
- Homemade White Hot Chocolate – This vanilla flavored hot chocolate is so creamy and delicious!!
- Strawberry White Hot Chocolate – Supersingly good and filled with fruity flavor!!
These hot chocolate recipes are some of my new favorites! They’re fantastic combinations of flavor and fun in one easy to make sip!
- Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate – Perfect for serving a crowd! Love mint and chocolate together!!
- Easy Chai Hot Chocolate – Chai tea lovers will swoon for this easy hot chocolate recipe!
- Nutella Hot Chocolate – Rich and oh so chocolatey! Add marshmallows and you’re in business!
- Orange Hot Chocolate – Chocolate and orange together is meant to be!
- Elsa Hot Chocolate – Your little princess will jump with joy when you make this hot chocolate!
If you’re looking to indulge, these hot chocolate recipes are for you! Over the top and bursting with flavor, one sip and you’ll be hooked!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Chocolate – Your favorite candy just got a winter drink makeover!
- Skinny Samoa Hot Chocolate – Coconut, caramel, and hot chocolate is always a good idea!
- Irish Cream Hot Chocolate – This after dinner hot cocoa for the adults is a must make!!
- Frothy “Almond Joy” Hot Chocolate – Layered with flavor, you’ll crave this tasty hot chocolate recipe!
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate – Ready to get over the top indulgent? This hot chocolate has your name all over it!
Hot chocolate isn’t just for kids. These adults-only hot chocolate recipes are great for parties or night cuddling on the couch with your sweetie!
- Coconut Rum Hot Chocolate – Dangerously good and so easy to make!
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate – Chocolate is one of my favorite red wine pairings and now they come together in this tasty drink!
- Spiked Vanilla Cinnamon Hot Chocolate – I love the comforting flavors in this hot chocolate recipe!
- Campfire S’mores Hot Chocolate Cocktail – A little bourbon, some toasted marhsmallows, and you’ve got a mug of happiness!
- Boozy Maple Bourbon Hot Chocolate – Maple, bourbon, and chocolate is quickly becoming my winter trifecta!
Our favorite tools to make these hot chocolate recipes
- Hot Chocolate: Rich and Indulgent Winter Drinks
- Anchor Hocking Cafe Mug Set
- Paper Straws
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wooden Mexican Hot Chocolate Mixer
- Chinet Comfort Cups
- Medium Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
- Slow Cooker
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!