Make Fish Fridays taste even better when you add Tuna Zucchini Pizza to the mix!
So tell me, how’s the weather? That seems to be the topic of all topics? Is it cold, rainy or are you lucky with warm and sun? Here we had the whole dramatic flare of the meteorologist telling us buy milk and bread because we were getting a LOT of snow! Then the big event happens and it was like a large slushy mess. Anyways I love March because that means we are about to usher in Spring. One of my favorite seasons!
During this time there are some of us who observe the Lent season as well. We only eat fish on Fridays. That can get daunting and expensive, feeding a family of six, if you do not get your fish on sale. One recipe that I have in our rotation of pizzas is this Tuna Zucchini Pizza. We eat it a lot during Lent but also through the whole year because it is my hubby’s favorite pizza. Now before you go knocking it I must say if you like tuna you will LOVE this. The first time I experienced this pizza was in Italy sitting in a pizzeria with my soon to be hubby. I thought he was nuts. Until I tried it! I have never gone back. And it just keeps getting better and better! So don’t knock it, but try it and ENJOY!
- 1 pizza dough
- 2/3 cups unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 5 ounce can of tuna in oil it's better, trust me drained
- 10 slices zucchini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 8 inch round baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough and transfer to baking sheet.
- Spread out the tomato sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Top with cheese.
- Add tuna evenly over the top of the mozzarella layer.
- Evenly spread out zucchini.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes, cut and ENJOY!
Want more ideas for Lent?