Made in a slow cooker, easy Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs are full of aromatic Indian spices! Pair these meatballs with homemade Roti and you will have a meal the entire family will enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Rotimatic! All opinions and text are 100% my own.
Chicken Tikka Masala is my favorite Indian dish, hands down. I love the combination of spices, tomato sauce, and coconut milk. As much as I like this easy dinner idea, I wanted to mix things up and make something a little more fun. So I turned our usual chicken tikka masala recipe into chicken tikka masala meatballs! We served them on roti (similar to naan bread) for Indian-style tacos and oh my gosh they were amazing! I can’t wait to make these slow cooker chicken tikka masala meatballs for game day this fall. Our friends are going to flip for them!!
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA MEATBALLS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m excited to share something new with you today. It’s called the Rotimatic! And you are absolutely going to fall in love with all the possibilities and meal ideas the Rotimatic makes, as our family sure did. You know that feeling you get on Christmas morning or at least the feeling you had as a kid walking down the stairs, unable to contain the excitement of what was beneath the wrapping paper? That’s the feeling my whole family had when the Rotimatic showed up on our doorstep. We unpacked it gingerly, like a new toy just begging to be played with – only with no assembly required.
We had to force ourselves to read the directions before jumping right in. As quick as we could, we let a kid add flour, our youngest added water, and even our teenager had to get in the action by adding oil. That was all we needed to start popping out Rotis. Rotis, also known as flatbreads native to India, started shooting out in less than 90 seconds – and eaten even faster. The Rotimatic was incredibly easy to use and it even automatically updates itself when there are new system updates. I love knowing my family has this healthier dining option instead of frozen foods or preservative filled options from the store. Now they can have fresh made Rotis anytime!
I wasn’t sure that only 3 ingredients were going to result in something that good, however, our kids love them, and they have already replaced our traditional sliced bread. And out of curiosity, I looked at how many ingredients there were in the bread I usually buy. 32! You read that right, 32. As a mom, I instantly felt better feeding my kids something they enjoyed making as well as being able to count the ingredients on one hand.
Our kids started pulling out every ingredient they thought could possibly go on a fresh, warm flatbread: cinnamon, honey, fruit, turkey, butter, jam, peanut butter, cheese, pepperoni, etc. Not only are there limitless great flatbread toppings to try, but a variety of ingredients and spices that you can add to make different flavors of rotis, pizza dough, tortillas, and puris. It’s like having 4 machines in one! Definitely an investment worth making for your kitchen. I may even love it as much as my stand mixer and that’s saying something!
Over the course of the next three days, we had rotis for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert. Check out the video below for some our favorite flatbreads that came from our experimentation. Our youngest kids’ two favorites were chicken salad rotis and combining chocolate hazelnut spread with strawberries. I loved fresh avocado with a little honey while my husband was instantly addicted to my tikka masala meatballs recipe.
The Rotimatic is a convenient and healthier option for everyone in my family. And it literally just takes pressing a couple buttons. You can read tons of customer reviews here and we now use our Rotimatic just about every day. Here are just a few of our favorite recipe ideas on how to use the Rotimatic.
Four different flatbreads or rotis you’ll love
- Breakfast: Avocado “Toast” made with one roti, fresh avocado slices, chia seeds and drizzled lightly with honey.
- Lunch: Chicken Salad “Wrap” – made with one roti, chicken salad, sprouts, and tomatoes.
- Dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs served with a roti, recipe below.
- Dessert/Snack: Nutella & Berries – one roti smothered with Nutella and topped with fresh berries, we prefer strawberries.
Want more easy meatballs recipes?
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Peach Riesling Glazed Meatballs
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Thai Coconut Meatballs
- Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- More appetizer recipes…
Are you loving this Rotimatic too? Use our Real Housemoms link to get $100 off your Rotimatic!
Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 32 ounces frozen chicken meatballs
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- canola oil
Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs
- To a 5-quart slow cooker, add onion, chicken meatballs, tomato sauce, garlic, ginger, 1 tablespoon garam masala, paprika, turmeric, curry, and salt. Gently stir everything together.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH (or 6-8 hours on LOW).
- Once the meatballs have finished cooking, stir together the coconut milk and remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala. Pour coconut milk into your slow cooker and stir to combine. Set slow cooker to WARM until ready to serve.
- Add flour, canola oil, and water to Rotimatic! according to device directions.
- DIRECTIONS TO MAKE ROTI - maybe mention to make 10 (or 20? i don't know how big they are, but we're saying 6-7 meatballs per serving) so there's 1 for each serving.
- Serve meatballs over roti and top with fresh cilantro.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!