VEGETABLE COUSCOUS SALAD makes a perfect side dish for family gatherings and holidays!
Do you ever have the feeling that you’re basically just living for the weekends? I’ve definitely fallen into that trap lately….and I’m 99% sure it’s because of the weather! Spring is so close, yet sometimes still feels so far away. Especially when you live in the midwest. It’s gotten bad….as in the week will just have started and I’m already thinking about Friday night! Yikes!
But let’s be honest – there’s only so much of winter that’s bearable. And then….we need little reminders of warmth and sunshine and flowers. And the fact that life really is worth living. (AmIright??) Luckily, spring is full of those kinds of reminders. Between buds on the trees and fresh vegetables in the stores, spring is EXACTLY what I need right now!
And….Easter! I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for Easter! Nothing beats Easter ham and cheesy potatoes and deviled eggs….and I can’t wait to introduce my family to this Vegetable Couscous Salad. It’s loaded with asparagus, yellow squash, and grape tomatoes (although you could feel free to substitute any of your favorite veggies) and tossed with feta cheese and a simple homemade vinaigrette. A salad that’s sure to please a crowd!
So whether you’re waiting for warm weather or already enjoying it, and whether you’re living for the weekend or really just embracing the weeks, this Vegetable Couscous Salad has your name all over it. Not only would it be great for Easter, but it could also take you all the way through summer. Happy (almost) spring! Enjoy!
- 3/4 c. uncooked couscous (about 3 c. cooked)
- 1 c. fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c. yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package instructions.
- Blanch asparagus and yellow squash by placing in boiling water 2 minutes, then running under cold water.
- Combine cooked couscous, blanched vegetables, grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and crumbled feta cheese in a large serving bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a lid.
- Shake vigorously and pour over couscous mixture.
- Toss to combine.
You might also enjoy these delicious recipes: