CROCK POT CREAMED CORN comes together in a flash and cooks away making dinner a snap and a hit!
As a kid one of my favorite sides with dinner was creamed corn. I love all things creamy and can’t resist a good sweet corn dish! When you add the sweet and savory flavor to a corn dish you’ve got me hooked! I love the saltiness of Parmesan cheese when it’s mixed with the sweet flavor of corn, like in Parmesan Corn Casserole, so when I decided I wanted to make up a batch of creamed corn I knew that I had to have some Parmesan in there.
Making creamed corn in the crock pot is probably one of the easiest dishes ever. You literally just drop it all in the crock pot, stir and walk away for 3 hours. I love when I can drop and forget dinner, it’s almost as good as having someone else cook dinner for me. There is so much cheesy, creamy goodness in Crock Pot Creamed Corn that I know everyone in your family will just love it!
- 2 lbs. frozen corn
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- combine all ingredients except chives into the slow cooker insert.
- turn the on high
- allow to cook for 3 hours and then give a stir so that all ingredients are well combined
- allow to cook for another hour
- stir in the chives and enjoy!