Prefectly cooked fresh spring asparagus pairs gorgeously with an EASY BELNDER HOLLANDAISE SAUCE!
Do you love spring as much as we do? We love sharing wonderful citrus-based recipes at this time of year like this Asparagus with Easy Blender Hollandaise sauce. Such a springtime treat that is fresh and usually inexpensive asparagus (relatively speaking to the cost in the winter months). I have found that making a hollandaise sauce though can be quite difficult and nerve raking to get it just right! This easy blender recipe takes all the nerves away as it comes out beautifully each time. I have made this now quite a few times and hollandaise and the wonderful skinny fresh asparagus are a perfect marriage.
I have a little hint to make wonderful asparagus ahead of time to get that fantastic locked in green color. I use a large saute pan filled with about 1/2″ of water and add a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and a dab of butter. Bring it up to boil, add in your asparagus making them as even as possible and then cook for 3-4 min. or until just tender. Quickly then immerse the asparagus in ice cold water by pulling them out of the pan with tongs. The asparagus will be cooked perfectly and just need a quick warm up in the oven or microwave. They will have that gorgeous green color and you don’t have to time them to come out when your hollandaise is ready. You can also use the asparagus now in salads or serve it cold, delicious when it is fresh!
Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce is classically served with beef but it would also go great with chicken and fish. We love the indulgence of this rich and decadent sauce and now you can to as it is so easy. Pull out that blender and give it a whirl, the only cavaet is that it needs to be eaten within 30 min. We never seem to have an issue with that!!
- One large bunch of asparagus
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- Dab of butter
- Ice Bath
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup salted butter, hot and melted
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt to taste
- For the asparagus, heat a large saute pan with 1/2" of water, add the salt, sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Cook the asparagus for 3-4 min. or until tender depending on their size. Immediately immerse in an ice bath. When ready to eat, gently reheat in the oven or microwave.
- When ready to serve the hollandaise sauce, in a blender place in the egg yolks, lemon and pepper and blend on medium until light lemon in color about 1 min. Place the blender on high and pour the hot melted butter in very slowly. At the end of the pour omit the white milk solids. Continue to beat until thickened. Taste and adjust with salt and a pinch of cayenne and whirl again. Pour into serving bowl and serve immediately or place in another bowl of hot water to keep warm. DO NOT STORE, hollandaise should be used immediately or within 30 min. of making. Serve with the asparagus. Also great with eggs benedict, root vegetables, beef, fish or chicken or your favorite recipe.
If you are into lemon like we are at this time of year come and check out these gorgeous Lemon Pie Bars that we have been also serving up at Noshing With The Nolands.