I think I’ve told you in the past that my little guy and I started watching a YouTube series called Nerdy Nummies together. Ro makes all kinds of yummy food inspired by video games and other fun cute nerdy things. They are so cute and I love that my monkey is learning about baking and seeing how fun it can be. A couple of days ago I told him I wanted to come up with something to share with you all for Halloween and so we took a trip to the Halloween isle of Target and came up with this together. He helped me come up with the idea of chocolate and peanut butter and how to decorate these super cute cupcakes. Not only that, but he helped me bake them and decorate. He was so cute. He had us pretend we were making a video to share. I think sometime I’ll have to make video with him and share with you all.
I love all kinds of Halloween candy but I have no shame sneaking some of the boys Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in Heaven and my little guy thought the same thing so we had to make a cupcake version! It was so much fun getting in the kitchen with my little guy and making some super delicious cupcakes! Give them a shot and get in the kitchen with your loved ones to have some fun!
Decorate Spooky Cupcakes
- 16 baked chocolate cupcakes made from your favorite cake mix
- 16 nutter butter cookies
- 10 regular oreos ground up in a food processor to resemble dirt
- hard candies to resemble bones and skulls
- black decorative icing
- white candy melts or chocolate
Peanut Butter Frosting
- in a mixer beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth and light in color
- slowly add powdered sugar and milk
- beat until light and fluffy
Decorate Spooky Cupcakes
- place frosting in a bag with a tip. (any tip will work that had a good size opening)
- insert tip into top of cupcake and fill with frosting, then frost the top of cupcake with frosting as well (this doesn't have to be perfect because you're going to cover with Oreo "dirt"
- pour your crushed Oreo into a shallow bowl
- carefully dip frosted cupcakes into the Oreo crumbs. (I found this was better than sprinkling them on top)
- melt the white candy melts according to the directions on the package
- dip half the Nutter Butter in the white candy melt and set on baking pan lined with parchment paper and allow them to set until hard. (pop into the freezer to speed that up)
- with black decorative icing write out RIP or decorate to look like ghosts
- stick uncoated side of Nutter Butter down into the cupcake carefully, leaving the coated side out
- sprinkle with hard candies on top