Start these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos in the morning for a delicious dinner in the evening, and your house will smell amazing!
Hi everyone! I’m Sarah from The Magical Slow Cooker. This is my first post here on Real Housemoms, and today I’m bringing you some Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. I am so excited to share my best crock pot recipes here with you once a month! I am a busy mom. I work full-time as a mail carrier and seriously have no time to cook on weeknights. Most of my recipes are weeknight slow cooker dinners or easy party foods.
Real Housemoms TV
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is so easy to throw in the slow cooker in the morning. When I get home, all I need to do is whip together the easy Avocado Pico de Gallo (salsa) and warm up corn tortillas in the microwave.
For the Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. dried Mexican oregano regular works fine too
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 small lime
- juice from 1/2 small orange
- corn tortillas for serving
For the Avocado Pico De Gallo
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 large avocado diced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
- In a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, jalapeño, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, bay leaf, chicken broth, lime and orange juice.
- Stir together to coat the chicken.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
For the Avocado Pico de Gallo:
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the tomatoes, onions, jalapeño, cilantro and the lime juice.
- Gently stir in the diced avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
How to warm the corn tortillas:
- Dampen two paper towels with water and wrap up the tortillas. Place the wrapped tortillas in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Mexican food is my favorite thing to make in my slow cooker.
Here is my Slow Cooker 7-Layer Bean Dip.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!