These Chipotle Chicken Tostadas are zesty, crunchy and full of bold flavor! The perfect appetizer for your next party!
If you’re craving something with a ton of flavor for your next party or get together, then you have to try these Chipotle Chicken Tostadas. Appetizer size bites of yumminess that can’t be beat! We’ve taken these to parties as a starter and even had them for dinner with some tasty sides or a salad.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN TOSTADAS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your appetizer pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These quick, easy, versatile tostadas are the perfect way to use up any leftover chicken. Or if you’re in a hurry, purchase a roasted chicken and just shred some chicken for the recipe. Either way, it turns out wonderful mixed with the chipotle pepper sauce atop your crispy baked tostada chips.
As summer comes to a close, I’m trying to eeek out every last bit of outdoor entertaining because I love it that much. I plan to serve these tostadas tapas style with other Mexican side dishes and a nice seasonal beer several more times. The great thing though, this recipe works for any season. Its bold flavors pair well with wintery comfort food too.
Tips for Making Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 8-10 inch tortillas work best when cut to fit in your muffin pan.
- Make sure you cook the tortillas enough to make them crispy.
- You can use either regular or whole wheat tortillas in the recipe, both are good.
- You could totally make this meatless by taking out the chicken (or using your favorite chicken substitute), you’d be just as satisfied with its bold flavors.
- You may want to make extra sauce, it’s that good!
Crunchy, spicy and with a perfect smokey flavor, even the most discerning eaters love this recipe – you will too!
Want more chipotle recipes?
- Creamy Chipotle Chicken
- Cheesy Chipotle Fries
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Ale Chili
- Cheesy Bacon Chipotle Ranch Dip
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Chipotle Chicken Tostadas recipe
Muffin Tin: Muffin tins are great for all kind of baked goods! I use mine for muffins, cupcakes, appetizers, and egg cups!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Medium Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I need a colander for pasta!
- 3 flour tortillas 8"
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup tomatoes seeded & diced
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP chipotles in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- Sour cream cilantro and lime zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Stack and cut into 8 wedges. Push wedges into muffin cups. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Mash avocado, sour cream, tomato, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro together in small bowl. Salt to taste and chill.
- Cook ketchup, sugar, chipotles, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, and chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for 8 minutes, or until sauce is syrupy.
- Top each tostada with 1 tsp of avocado mixture, then 1-2 TBSP chicken mixture.
- Garnish each tostada with a small dollop of sour cream, cilantro and lime zest.