This flavorful and hearty Slow Cooker Chipotle Ale Chili with it’s little kick of heat will soon become a family favorite!
Can you all believe that back to school is just about here and that fall is around the corner? While I use my slow cooker all year round (hello cooler kitchen in the summer!), I really seem to kick up my slow cooking game a notch or two once the school year starts back up and the weather starts to get cooler and make some of the best crock pot recipes around. My son’s fall cross country season keeps us busy throughout the week with after school practices and meets on the weekends. My slow cooker becomes my meal planning lifesaver. One of my favorite meals to make in the slow cooker is a good and hearty chili. Serve it with a side of homemade cornbread, and you have the perfect after school/game day/busy weekend dinner plan.
Traditional chili is good and all, but you all know me by now- I had to take my slow cooker chili making to the next level. And I did just that with this hearty and flavorful Slow Cooker Chipotle Ale Chili. Let me tell you all- this chili has mad flavor! From the ale to the sauteed veggies to the kick from the chipotle pepper, this chili is sure to leave your taste buds happy and your appetite content. If you would like to reel back the heat just a little on this chili, be sure to remove and discard the seeds from the chipotle pepper. We like the kick of heat, and find that topping a bowl of this chili with a little dollop of sour cream and some cool avocado is the perfect way to balance out the heat level.
Do you also break out your slow cooker more once the school year has started?
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Slow Cooker pin board!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 oz bottle of a medium or dark ale I used a bourbon ale.
- 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped + 2 tbsp of the adobo sauce
- Sour cream shredded cheese, and fresh avocado for topping
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Once the oil is heated add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Place the veggies into your slow cooker.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, quickly brown the ground beef. You do not have to cook it all the way through. Add the browned beef to the slow cooker as well.
- Pour in the bottle of ale, black beans, crushed tomatoes, and chili powder.
- Puree the chopped adobo pepper and sauce with the apple cider vinegar, and then add to the slow cooker. Mix the ingredients well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- To serve- ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and avocado, if desired.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!