As summer rolls around I love eating berries in my salads and RASPBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE is the perfect dressing to go along with them!
I’m so excited to see all the berries coming back in season here soon. One of my favorite things about summer in Oregon is the fresh berries. There are so many here they just grow wild on the side of the road. We have blackberry bush walls in some places and it’s amazing. You’ll see people walk down the street to pick berries and be on their way. I love to add them into salads in the summer. The color and flavor is amazing and they’re so great for you! I was in the store the other day and I saw raspberry balsamic vinegar and knew my next dressing had to be Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette!
Salad dressings are so easy to make but I think vinaigrettes are the most easy! I really like to make Quick and Easy Italian Dressing each week to have through out the week. They couldn’t be easier, you simply grab a jar, add the ingredients and shake, shake shake! I like to make it a little ahead of time so that all the other flavors can really meld. For Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette I used shallots. I love their mild flavor in dressings and feel like they’re a mix between garlic and an onion so it’s perfect for dressings. Grab a jar and get to shaking for this seriously delish dressing!
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 to 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- add all ingredients except honey into a mason jar
- add 1 tsp of honey into the jar, replace the lid, and shake till combined
- taste to see if the dressing needs the remaining tsp of honey
- if it does add it and then shake again
- refrigerate until ready to use