10 minute prep, stress free, make ahead, sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Island Shrimp Dip will make you the hero of every summer get together!
Years ago, I tasted the classic shrimp dip of shrimp mixed with cocktail sauce layered over cream cheese for the very first time. My friend had brought it to our recipe exchange and I could barely stop myself from devouring every last morsel. Barely.
I’ve taken that classic shrimp dip and jazzed it up to create Honey Sriracha Island Shrimp Dip that you and your guests won’t be able to stop devouring. Layers of velvety Island spiced cream cheese, sweet and spicy shrimp and refreshing mango salsa combine for layers of flavorlicious textured yum. And the best part is – it is so easy! It’s the perfect make ahead, stress free party appetizer.
Simply mix your cream cheese, sour cream and Caribbean spices of cumin, garlic and all spice, and spread it on the bottom of a bowl/pie dish or platter – whatever you have will work. Next, mix honey, Sriracha and a little cocktail sauce together and toss it with your shrimp and layer it over your velvety cream cheese layer. Finally, toss together your fresh Mango Salsa ingredients (which alone is delish). Chill for an hour or so to let the flavors meld and then its time to dig in.
Honey Sriracha Island Shrimp Dip. The paradisical palate pleasing island of flavor awaits.
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Appetizer pin board!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 oz. extra small cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup cocktail sauce
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Beat Cream Cheese Layer ingredients together until smooth and spread on the bottom of a pie dish, cake pan or as a circle on any plate/serving tray/bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together honey, Sriracha and cocktail sauce. Add shrimp and mix until evenly combined. Season lightly with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Evenly spread Shrimp over cream Cheese Layer.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix Mango Salsa ingredients together.
- Chill Cream Cheese/Shrimp and Mango Salsa separately in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top Shrimp with Mango Salsa. Serve with chips and/or crackers.
You might also like: