I was looking through my pictures from last summer and realized I still haven’t shared it with you! It may be just the perfect time with all the playoff games and the Super Bowl coming up. I am a huge fan of football and so is my husband so when the games are on we are generally glued to the t.v. We root for different teams but will cheer for the other team as long as we aren’t playing each other. I’m a Cowboys fan and have been ever since I lived in Dallas. My dad took me and my brothers to our first pro game while living there. The best part of the day was watching the triplets play, the worst, watching Troy Aikman get sacked 11 times by the Eagles. But I digress……
I love sitting down to watch the games with my family or friends and having snacks to nibble on. That’s where this comes in. I found it on Pinterest from Smells Like Home and it was a huge hit and so easy. I love all the fresh flavors and the lightness of this spread. I served it with a little baguette that I sliced diagonally, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on a baking dish. Once it came out I rubbed it with a garlic clove that had been cut in half. It was great and will please everyone you have over for the big game.
- 2 c. ricotta cheese
- 3T scallions, minced (white and green parts)
- 1T fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- small baguette
- olive oil
- whole garlic clove, cut in half
- mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit for at least 1 hour
- slice bread diagonally and place on baking sheet.
- drizzle with olive oil
- toast in oven till golden brown
- remove from oven and while bread still warm rub with cut garlic clove.
- spread ricotta mixture on garlic toast and enjoy!