Summer is right around the corner! That means it’s time to break out all the bright cheery colors in our home decor. And the easiest way to kick that transition off? A wreath. What better way to greet your guests at the door than with a bright, cheery Summer wreath. Well today we’re sharing this Easy Hydrangea Wreath that you can make in just minutes! You’ll be shocked at just how easy it is, so be sure to stick around to the end.
What you’ll need:
- Floral craft ring
- Hydrangea stems (numbering the number of holes in your floral craft ring)
- Wire cutters
- Denim ribbon (or ribbon of choice)
- Drill (as needed)
And the steps:
- Snip your hydrangea stems off about an inch and a half below the flower using your wire cutters.
- Then take a look at the stem width compared to your floral craft ring. For our ring the holes were not quite large enough for the stems to feed through, so we simply took a drill with a bit matching the width of the hydrangea stem to widen the holes a bit. Easy peasy.
- Then feed your hydragea stems through the holes in the floral and bend down to hold in place.
- Repeat this steps to fill every hole in the floral craft ring with hydrangea stems.
- We noticed once our ring was filled that the hydrangeas didn’t quite cover the ring, so using our drill, we added holes between the original holes with the drill and added more hydrange stems.
Then loop that ring of hydrangea goodness with a large denim ribbon or ribbon of your choosing and you’re all set! A truly Easy Hydrangea Wreath.
This wreath literally took minutes to create. No glue, no hours of wrapping – my kind of wreath! And I think it looks just as nice as so many crazy expensive hydrangea wreaths you can find out there. And trust me, this is one you can recreate too! With the flatness of the floral craft ring in the back, the wreath lays against the door just perfectly too.