These SWEET POTATO ROLLS are the perfect roll for Thanksgiving and to use leftover sweet potatoes!
Thanksgiving is one of my husbands favorite holidays. He loves the meaning behind the day but he also really enjoys the food…who doesn’t? It’s not quite a complete Thanksgiving spread without some delicious homemade rolls right? These sweet potato rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy and just melt in your mouth! You could easily swap about regular mashed potato’s instead of sweet potato but I can promise you, you don’t really notice the taste of the potato at all! It’s just helps keep them so moist and fluffy!
When making this bread you will need to allow the rolls to rise twice for a total of 1 1/2- 2 hours so make sure you start them ahead of time.
When the rolls came out of the oven I brushed them with a little bit of butter and sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar on top. So yummy!
- Dissolve yeast, warm milk, and 1 Tablespoon of sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar, mashed sweet potato, butter, salt, and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in 3 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Once the 3 cups have been mixed in, mix in remaining 1/2 cup a little at a time if needed. You don't want the dough sticking to the bowl.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover with saran wrap, and let raise about 1 hour or longer until double in size.
- Punch down and divide it into 16 to 20 balls, and place in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover with saran wrap again, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until tops are golden
- When removed from oven, brush with butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve warm.