PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY OVERNIGHT OATS are an easy and healthy way to start the day the whole family will enjoy!
Do you make resolutions for the new year?
My goals come January always seems to be the same. Spend my time more wisely, spend my money more wisely, have more family time, and of course – eat better. Sound familiar?
I try to eat healthy more often than not, but usually, after months of overindulging during the holidays, I’m ready to cleanse a bit in January. Keeping a healthy diet isn’t really hard, but being organized is key. (Also one of my other resolutions). If there is healthy food in the refrigerator and in the pantry, chances are pretty good you’ll be eating healthy.
For breakfast, it doesn’t get any easier than overnight oats. And when peanut butter and jelly are involved, eating healthy can even be fun!
Add this breakfast recipe to your pre-bed routine at night and there’ll be a delicious breakfast all ready for you in the morning. You can even make a few jars for the whole family for busy weekday mornings. My favorite way to use this recipe is when we have company in town. I make a jar for everyone so breakfast will be ready as everyone trickles into the kitchen that first morning. I like to make this wil blackberries and raspberries too, depending on what’s on sale at the store.
- 1 cup of cashew or almond milk
- ½ cup of rolled oats steel cut oats work also, but will be chewy
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- combine the milk, oats, berries, and honey in a mason jar, cover and shake well
- refrigerate overnight
- when ready to serve top oats with more milk if needed, and 1 Tbsp of peanut butter