Take everything you love about Baked Brie and make it next level! Encrusted in pastry and covered in chutney, you’ll want to have this recipe on repeat!
Every holiday party deserves a centerpiece like this ultra-gooey melted Baked Brie! This luscious wheel of brie cheese is topped with juicy cranberry cider chutney, a sprinkle of roasted pistachios for crunch, and a drizzle of sweet honey to balance everything out. Whether you’re eating it with crackers, apples, or some other seasonal fruit, this baked brie appetizer is bound to be a hit! Similarly, this could be a meal on its own and it would be perfectly paired with these Lettuce Wraps, the acidity of these wraps can help balance out a nice buttery brie.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Hi friends! Erica here, and have I got some delicious for you today!
I’m a cheeseboard-oholic. Any occasion is an excuse for me to throw together some of my favorite meats, cheeses, and accouterments and show off my food styling skills.
When it comes to baked brie, though – it really doesn’t need any help to be beautiful! It’s most certainly a standalone appetizer that will wow everyone from the way it looks to the way it tastes just from their first bite.
This baked brie recipe, in particular, is perfect for any holiday party! The vibrant red and green of the cranberries and pistachios give off the feeling of Christmas and all things warm, cozy and joyful.
However, if the holidays are nowhere in sight. You’ll be a hero bringing this centerpiece to any baby shower, book club meeting, or girls night in!
Here are some other baked brie recipes to fit any season:
- For spring, try a more savory citrus & asparagus pesto topping.
- In summer, hot about a peach jam or cherry chutney, to highlight the best of the warmer months.
- If you’re feeling strictly autumn, cinnamon or caramel apple is perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Classic baked brie with honey
How to Make Baked Brie
One of the best aspects of this appetizer is how easy it is!
There’s a little bit more prep involved since you have to fiddle with cutting the pastry mid-bake. I promise the end result is completely worth it – you get the crispiness of the pastry, but get to enjoy the fruity chutney topping without making the pastry soggy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry and unfold it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place brie will in middle of the pastry square and wrap into a package.
- Bake brie for 15 minutes just until pastry is set. Remove and carefully cut pastry off of the top layer leaving the edges wrapped.
- Pile the chutney and pistachios on and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
This hybridized baked brie is a twist on something everyone knows and loves, but is still incredibly familiar and completely simple to make on the fly.
Try some of my other favorite party appetizers!
- Sausage Stuffed Cherry Peppers
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Spanakopita Tarts
- Glazed Kielbasa Bites
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Baked Brie recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Parchment Paper: Your baked goods will never stick again! I love using parchment paper for everything from cookies to pizzas!
Cheeseboard: Perfect for entertaining. Versatile uses include serving cheeses, tapas, appetizers, hors-d’oeuvres at your next party or a casual night in.
Cranberry Cider Chutney:
- 4 ounces cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces brie cheese wheel
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough thawed
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
Cranberry Cider Chutney:
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart heavy saucepan set over medium heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst then collapse, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer chutney to a bowl and cool, uncovered. When cool, cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry according to package directions. Unfold pastry sheet on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place brie wheel in the middle of the pastry square. Fold each corner over the brie towards the center. Tuck the new corners under, creating a package.
- Bake brie for 15 minutes until pastry is just set. Remove from oven and, using a sharp knife, carefully cut off the top layer of the pastry, leaving a bit still wrapped over the top edge of the brie.
- Pile the chutney on top of the brie, then sprinkle on the pistachios.
- Cover the brie with aluminum foil or parchment and bake 10-15 more minutes, until pastry is darkened to your liking.
- Remove brie from the oven and transfer to a serving plate or tray. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately with crackers and fruit.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!