Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce is the delicious over pancakes or ice cream! It’s like eating blackberry pie for breakfast!
I’ve expressed my love of the Pacific Northwest and it’s amazing summer berries a lot here at Real Housemoms, but I’m gonna do it again! They’re EVERYWHERE!!! So with that being said, I have to use them while they’re here. I just love that I can walk right around the corner from my house and they’re growing like weeds, beautiful, delicious weeds. My youngest little guy was with me this last time and I think he thought Mom went crazy. I was just picking berries from the side of the road. I had to explain that they were the same as the berries they were selling in the grocery store and his mind was blown!
I remember as a kids we didn’t go out to eat for breakfast very often but when we did I do remember that there were all kinds of fruity syrups on the table and I LOVED it. At home if my Mom made pancakes and the realized we didn’t have syrup we’d just eat them with jelly, so this fruity syrup was the best of both of those worlds. It would run down the pancake and had the great bright flavor of fruit. I’ve shared my Apple Pie Syrup with you all and this Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce is my summertime favorite. I’ts so super easy to make that it’s going to be in my fridge for awhile now!
- 4 cups of blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- **1 tbsp water if using fresh berries**
- combine blackberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat
- stir as sugar mixes with blackberry juice and melts, about 2-3 minutes
- in a small bowl combine lemon juice and corn starch
- stir in the lemon mixture into the blackberries
- bring to a boil and allow to cook for another 2 minutes as the sauce thickens
- store in an air tight container