Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are one spicy (and secretly healthy) appetizer, perfect for game day!
Football season is officially underway, which means tailgating parties! However, most spreads at football parties are not very diet friendly! Bring healthy snacks recipes to your next event to keep your diet on track! This is a super tasty, crowd pleasing appetizer that you can fill up on without the added guilt!
I’m a sucker for anything doused in spicy buffalo sauce, even baked cauliflower!
Your traditional buffalo chicken wings weigh in at around 430 calories and 29 grams of fat per 1 cup serving. These are a measly 150 calories and 6 grams of fat per 1 cup serving! Plus, they are fiber filled and antioxidant rich! Dig in!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Apps & Bites pin board!
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once. Remove from the oven.
- In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add baked cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from POP Sugar
For more diet friendly appetizers check out Begin Within Nutrition!