Loaded Tater Tot Bites are crisp tater tot cups filled with your favorite loaded baked potato ingredients!
LOADED TATER TOT BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m kind of crazy about tater tots. If I’m at a restaurant and tater tots are on the menu it’s pretty much guaranteed I’m ordering whatever it is…no questions asked. What can I say? They are the perfect little nuggets of potato goodness.
It should be no surprise then that tater tot cups are kind of my jam. I mean what could be better than a mini cup made from crispy tater tots stuffed with all sorts of delicious ingredients? From Cheeseburger Tater Tots to Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Tots we’ve been experimenting with all sorts of tater tot cup flavor combinations. They’re all pretty amazing but sometimes you’ve got to stick with the classics and these Loaded Tater Tot Bites are stuffed with everything thing you love in your loaded baked potato. It’s the perfect bite!
Loaded Tater Tot Bites are easy to make, you just need a mini muffin tin, some frozen tater tots, and whatever ingredients you love to stuff a loaded baked potato with. For me, it was cheese, bacon, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Seriously, I’m about to start drooling just thinking about them again!
The frozen tots go into the mini muffin tin, 3 tots per cup. You’re going to think that 3 is too many or not enough but just trust me on this 3 tater tots is just right. Bake them for about 10 minutes so they are thawed out and then use a tamper (or anything that is small enough to press the tater tots into a cup) to press into the tater tots making them form a cup. Fill the tater tot cups with your loaded tater tot bite ingredients of choice and then pop them back in the oven to bake for another 15 – 20 minutes. Keep in mind the ingredients are going to shrink down some, especially the cheese as it melts, so add more than you think you need.
When they come out of the oven resist the urge to immediately pull them out of the pan and start shoving them in your fave. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes so they will firm up a little. Then when you take them out of the pan you have perfect Loaded Tater Tot Bites just begging for a little drizzle of ranch dressing before you chow down!
- 48 Tater Tots, frozen
- 1 1/2 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c Bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 c Ranch dressing
- Note: Use any ingredients you like on your loaded baked potato. These are just suggestions!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and place three tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a tamper to press the tater tots down into each cup. This will create a tater tot cup.
- Fill the tater tots with the cheese and bacon (or your loaded potato ingredients).
- Place the tater tots back in the oven and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes until the tater tots become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the tots cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the tots before serving.
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!