This Copycat Trader Joe’s Cowboy Bark recipe is a decadent mix of salty and sweet!
Have you had Trader Joe’s Cowboy Bark. OMG, it is a blend of sweet and salty that is out of this world. I can never resist picking up a bag when I find time to shop there. Unfortunately I can’t make it there nearly as often as I’d like so I’m usually cowboy bark-less. That’s not a happy place to be. I was seriously craving the sweet and salty combo the other day and I was going through my pantry trying to find something that would satisfy me and I realized I had almost all of the ingredients needed for Cowboy Bark. So I grabbed all of them and made myself a batch.
Real Housemoms TV
Trader Joe’s Cowboy Bark is made with toffee pieces, Oreo crumbles, pretzels, peanuts, and almonds. All crushed up and sprinkled over a layer of dark chocolate. Are you drooling yet? Once you’ve coated your chocolate with the toppings you can put it in the refrigerator to harden. It’s going to seem like it takes forever because the cowboy bark will be calling to you, but be patient. When the chocolate has hardened break it apart into irregular pieces and you’re ready to eat.
I didn’t have the toffee pieces this time around but this bark is so rich and full of awesomeness I didn’t even notice. When (I say when because you ARE going to want to make this bark) you make it be sure to pick up some toffee pieces to add even more crunchy, salty, sweet, goodness to the whole thing. Make this for a decadent treat, for Halloween parties, or even as Christmas gifts. Your friends and family are going to love you. Or you could just keep it for yourself. I won’t tell!
Get more great recipes like this one on Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
- 8 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 c Pretzels crushed
- 1/2 c Oreos roughly chopped
- 1/4 c Peanuts crushed
- 1/4 c Almonds crushed
- 1/3 c Toffee crushed (for authentic Cowboy Bark I omitted it because I didn't have it on hand)
- Have all of the toppings chopped and ready to go.
- Place a silicone mat/parchment paper/wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt the two types of chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir every 15 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour on to the cookie sheet spreading the chocolate out evenly over the sheet, keeping it about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle toppings across the chocolate pressing down lightly to make sure they stick to the chocolate.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Break up chocolate into large pieces.
- Try to share!
If you liked this sweet treat take a look at these:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!