Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice makes dinner time not only easy but super delicious! Let your slow cooker do the work and come home to a delicious meal!
Lots of love to the inventor of the crock pot, it has made making family-friendly meals like this simple and sensational Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice a snap. This recipe is a classic family favorite and adding in cheese makes it even better. Crock Pot Chicken and Rice is all about making a delicious meal without having to spend half the day in the kitchen to do it.
CHEESY CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Slow cooker chicken and rice is an easy recipe to change if your family likes certain vegetables or don’t eat cheese. You can always add broccoli, spinach, or mixed vegetables, you can even just keep super simple and just add the cheese. It’s one of my all-time favorite easy chicken recipes.
However, you decide to make your crock pot chicken and rice casserole you will love the little effort and time spent making it.
How long does it take to cook chicken in a crock pot?
- For this recipe, I use thin sliced chicken breast which cook faster.
- So you can cook the chicken on high for 3 hours, or low 4-5 hours.
- If you want to use regular boneless skinless chicken breast (not the thin sliced) cook your Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice on Low for 6-7 hours, and High 4-5 hours
How do you make Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice?
- Cook white rice and set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 6qt crock pot lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast on the bottom of the crock pot & season with garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Add onion, garlic, chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup. Cover and cook on LOW or HIGH.
- 30 minutes before it is done, add mushrooms and finish cooking.
- Once cooked, add in cooked rice and cheese, and mix to combine. Cover and let cheese to melt. Serve warm.
I am all for making life easy and this crock pot creamy chicken and rice recipe does just that. Ready in a few hours without spending too much time in the kitchen, you will have a classic family favorite recipe full of cheesy goodness at your table.
Dinner doesn’t have to be difficult, but it should always be delicious.
Want more easy crockpot meals?
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Round Steaks with Gravy
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- Crock Pot Pizza
- More dinner recipes…
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon & Tater Tot Bake
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken
Tools used to make this Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice recipe
Medium Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I even have a colander for pasta!
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- 5 chicken breasts thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2-1/2 cups white rice cooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce container sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cheese cut into 1-inch cubes (you can also use shredded cheese)
- parsley to garnish
- Cook white rice and set aside.
- Spray a 6qt crock pot lightly with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken breast and season with garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic on top of chicken and pour in chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup. Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours, or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before done, add in sliced mushrooms and finish cooking. Once done add in cooked rice and cheese. Cover and let sit 5 minutes for cheese to melt, stir and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Looking for more delicious Crock Pot recipes?
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
The Best Slow Cooker Baked Beans
I don’t like mushrooms normally but I really loved this recipe! My husband really loves it too! Great flavor! I’ve already made this recipe a few times and it is definitely a keeper. Thank so much for sharing it with us! I made it in the crock pot a few times but this time I made it in my instant pot! I just put all the chicken, seasons, chicken broth, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup all together. Push manual cooked it all for 6 minutes. Meanwhile made the rice and cut up the mushrooms. When the timer went off I put the mushrooms in the instant pot and press manual for 0 minutes. After that went off I stored in the rice and cheese! Delicious and so easy!
Just 1 C chicken broth with 4 cups cooked rice was perfect. I also used broccoli instead of mushrooms. It turned out great!
What if I accidentally put the whole chicken stock in what can I do to take some water out or will the rice soak it up?
This recipe is delicious..one if the best I’ve made..my husband and I loved it..thank you for sharing it! Will make it again!!
Laurie M McHenry says
I thought this was delish! What I did was serve the crockpot contents OVER top of the rice…
Thank you and great start! Looked good, but not. Made this tonight and it was soooo sooooo bland with no flavor. Cardboard. I suggest adding in smoked paprika instead of plain, and kick it up with your favorite spices. We added TONS of spices just to make it eatable. I hate wasting food. It was just okay until you added the rice and cheese, then no flavor whatsoever. As the other reviewers, I did add broccoli. Again, absolutely no flavor. It can be a great beginning and a great start if you are willing to flavor it up. I mean FLAVOR! VERY BLAND RECIPE. Thank you so much for the basics of this! I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
I agree, it was not good at all. Followed the recipe and it wasn’t good at all. I don’t know if the other reviewers have taste buds but this was like eating a pile of slop.
I guess everyone that liked it just likes slop. It wasn’t good at all, pretty bland and just gross.
Horrible! What a complete waste of food, money and time! I followed the recipe exactly. It should taste good; it just doesn’t. No one in my family liked it; some not even finishing their serving. A lot of food to throw out but that’s what I’m going to do.
This recipe was pretty easy. I used frozen chicken breast and when it was time to add the rice and mushrooms I removed them and cut them up then added them back. I also like others noticed it was too soupy. So I did a last minute course correction and added 2 cups of instant rice and it came out perfect!