Try this Slow Cooker Mushroom Round Steask and Gravy for dinner this week. An inexpensive cut of meat made delicious with help from your slow cooker!
I have a fun recipe for you this month. The slow cooker takes a cheap and tough cut of meat and turns it into melt in your mouth perfection! I found the round steaks in a four pack, which is perfect for my size family. If you need to add a few more steaks to this recipe, it should do just fine, there is plenty gravy in this recipe!
This meal goes great with mashed potatoes and your family’s favorite side. I like to serve this with corn, only because I won’t get any complaints! The only thing that I forgot to pick up at the store for this meal with is dinner rolls, that would have been perfect!
Do you have a favorite mashed potato recipe? My favorite is sour cream mashed potatoes. I boil peeled and diced potatoes like usual. Drain them, then stir a bit of butter and a cup or more of sour cream, then add salt and a touch of onion powder.
You family is going to love these classic dinners!
- Salisbury Steak
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- More dinner recipes…
- 1 pound beef round steaks
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 .87-oz packets brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place the round steaks into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the mushrooms on top. In a small bowl whisk together the gravy packets and water until smooth. Pour the gravy mixture over the mushrooms and round steaks. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours without opening the lid while it cooks. Stir. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew