Try this Slow Cooker Mushroom Round Steak and Gravy for dinner this week. An inexpensive cut of meat made delicious with help from your slow cooker!
I have a fun recipe for you this month. The slow cooker takes a cheap and tough cut of meat and turns it into melt in your mouth perfection! I found the round steaks in a four-pack, which is perfect for my size family. If you need to add a few more steaks to this recipe, it should do just fine, there is plenty of gravy in this recipe!
This meal goes great with mashed potatoes and your family’s favorite side. I like to serve this with corn, only because I won’t get any complaints! The only thing that I forgot to pick up at the store for this meal with is dinner rolls, that would have been perfect!
Do you have a favorite mashed potato recipe? My favorite is sour cream mashed potatoes. I boil peeled and diced potatoes like usual. Drain them, then stir a bit of butter and a cup or more of sour cream, then add salt and a touch of onion powder.
You family is going to love these classic dinners!
- Salisbury Steak
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- More dinner recipes…
- 1 pound beef round steaks
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 .87-oz packets brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place the round steaks into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the mushrooms on top. In a small bowl whisk together the gravy packets and water until smooth. Pour the gravy mixture over the mushrooms and round steaks. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours without opening the lid while it cooks. Stir. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew