CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX BARS are a chocolate lovers dream! The cake mix makes these bars easy to whip up and they are over the top delicious!
One of my favorite things to make is yummy bar recipes. Something that comes together so easily & slices into a neat little square is right up my alley. But just because they are easy doesn’t mean that they are lacking on the “wow-factor”. Quite the contrary. These cake mix bars start with just a regular cake mix, right out of the box. Then with just a handful of ingredients & a whole lot of semi-sweet & white chocolate chips it all comes together into this sinfully rich, oooey, gooey delightful treat that I find myself making time & time again.
Real Housemoms TV
The kids are often sitting at the island just waiting for these to come out of the oven. Who can blame them, though? I mean, these really are best when they are warm, the chocolate is melted. Then you can top the whole thing with a scoop of ice cream & eat it right out of the pan. But if you want to enjoy them as an actual bar recipe, allow them to cool for a couple hours at room temperature before serving. Right out of the oven is so amazing, but they do need to set if you want to be able to eat them without a fork.
Either way- these will be the most asked for dessert in your house. I promise you that. The best part is that they can be switched up with just about any variety of cake mix flavor & mix-ins. That really makes them over the top amazing! I dare you to bring them to your next backyard BBQ. They will be gone before you can blink!
- 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper & spray with cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, butter & egg in mixer bowl & beat with paddle attachment until mix forms into a thick dough
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared baking pan- it will look like there isn't enough to cover the bottom, just keep working it into a thin even layer (it will cover)
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of each type of chocolate chips
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top in a thin, even coating
- Separate remaining dough into balls & evenly distribute over the top of the chocolate chips
- Press down to flatten a bit
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake 27- 30 minutes
- Cool completely before slicing if you aren't eating warm, right out of the pan.
You will definitely be making these again & again!
Looking for more of my favorite yummy bar recipes?
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!