I’ve got the Super Bowl on my mind. I’m really looking forward to sitting down to watch the game and snack on delicious food. I’m a snacker. One of my favorite things is to nibble on lots of different foods. I love to taste different foods and combine lots of flavors. I don’t want to fill up on one taste. I’d much rather have a lot of small tastes. Well I had that in mind when I started to plan out the food for the Super Bowl this year. When you’re watching the big game you have to have pizza, wings and beer. They just go together! So I was thinking, why not combine pizza and wings into one tasty bite sized recipe and so these Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites were born!
My husband loved them!!! The first go around I made a big pizza. It works really well but then next time I made little baby pizzas. If I’ve learned anything surfing Pinterest, it’s that small baby sized foods are more tasty somehow than full sized foods. I put blue cheese on them with mozzarella. Blue cheese is one of those things you either love or hate. I was in the hate category for years but now I’ve moved over to the love group. With a party in mind I didn’t want to turn anyone away so I used very little blue cheese and mixed it with a lot of mozzarella. Mozzarella is a pretty universal cheese. When we ate the pizza we dipped it in ranch and it was sooooo tasty. I totally recommend putting out a dish of ranch when you serve this to your guests.
I used the Easy Peasy Pizza Dough recipe for the crust. It’s still my favorite dough. It comes out perfect every time. If you’re serving it for a party you could mix the dough up the day before and do the first bake without the toppings. Pop it in the oven for about minutes so the dough is starting to turn color and the shape has set and started to toast. The next day you could simply pull them out and put on the toppings and pop in the oven just before your guests arrive. They’re so tasty. people will be asking for them at every party!
- Easy Peasy Pizza Dough uncooked
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 to 2 c. mozzarella, shredded
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 c. cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 c. Buffalo Sauce plus more to drizzle
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- tear dough in half, then those halves in half and so on until you have 16 pieces
- flatten each piece of dough and stretch to a circle or square and desired thickness
- place on a greased baking sheet
- brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder
- place in oven for 10 minutes
- combine 1/4 c Buffalo sauce in a small bowl with chicken
- remove crusts from oven and spread an even layer of mozzarella cheese on each crust
- then layer blue cheese and chicken on each baby pizza
- place back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden.
- remove and serve with ranch to dip!